Official OST and Film Score Thread

Made it to Amoeba for the Edgar Wright signing and they are allowing us to get the vinyl signed. Had to buy another copy so if anyone wants to buy an unplayed copy let me know.  It would be without the cover since the signed version is going on the wall and regular copy on the shelf. Woooohoooo so worth the drive down here from SF!

7 hours ago, bigdz68 said:

Made it to Amoeba for the Edgar Wright signing and they are allowing us to get the vinyl signed. Had to buy another copy so if anyone wants to buy an unplayed copy let me know.  It would be without the cover since the signed version is going on the wall and regular copy on the shelf. Woooohoooo so worth the drive down here from SF!

Congrats man, that's awesome 

On 8/24/2017 at 6:52 AM, Professor Finn said:

Been looking at that one too, All i know is that the Mondo release it's fantastic and i love mine.

I got the BAM Iron Giant Exclusive as a gift. My copy has black specks in the wax (from the plant). Whenever my stylus goes over the black spots it get a bit static-sounding. However, I'm fairly certain most copies aren't like this. It's not that big of a defect and the rest of it sound great. I love it.

Looks like the original Blade Runner OST may be getting a repress (again on red wax). A listing first appeared here (and sold out in several batches):

http://www.twoheadeddog.com/vangelis-blade-runner-soundtrack-lp/

And now someone on Discogs claims their local is taking preorders for a reissue due out 12/1. If true, woot.

10 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Looks like the original Blade Runner OST may be getting a repress (again on red wax). A listing first appeared here (and sold out in several batches):

And now someone on Discogs claims their local is taking preorders for a reissue due out 12/1. If true, woot.

Great news considering the first red vinyl pressing can only be found for a few hundred dollars.   And I just saw that the RSD picture disc has jumped up in price too.

Edited by djghost1976

8 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

So I planned on taking a friend who just had open heart surgery (at 27 years old, ugh) to see 2049 yesterday, didn't end up happening so I STILL have not seen it. 

I have the last pressing on red and it is.... oh so nice. Highly recommend.

Just now, clerk3745 said:

So I planned on taking a friend who just had open heart surgery (at 27 years old, ugh) to see 2049 yesterday, didn't end up happening so I STILL have not seen it. 

That's indeed a shame, hopefully they're recovering well!

Just make sure you catch 2049 in the theatre. It's an experience that won't be the same at home.

Star Wars ANH box set ! with hologram 

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07685195W/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&tag=editioncollec-21&linkId=d57bde7b8819183316bfaa8505d68835

description in French (i did not find in english)

Afin de célébrer le 40ème anniversaire de la sortie de 'La guerre des étoiles', Walt Disney Records réédite dans un luxueux coffret triple vinyles en édition limitée la musique du film Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope composée par John Williams. Les LP 1 et 2 contiennent la bande originale du film telle qu’elle a été éditée en 1997. Le LP 3 est un vinyle avec l’hologramme de l’étoile qui apparaît quand le disque est joué. Ce coffret est accompagné d’un magnifique livret de 48 pages avec des photos des sessions d’enregistrement et des scènes du film.

To celebrate the 40th anniversary of the release of 'Star Wars', Walt Disney Records has reissued in a luxurious limited edition triple vinyl set of the music from the movie Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope composed by John Williams. LP 1 and 2 contain the original soundtrack of the film as it was published in 1997.  LP 3 is a vinyl with a hologram (of the star?) that appears when the disc is played. This box is accompanied by a magnificent booklet of 48 pages with photos of the recording sessions and scenes of the film.

Edited by timsimmons

7 hours ago, clerk3745 said:

I have the last pressing on red and it is.... oh so nice. Highly recommend.

Sorry to hear about your friend, Clerk. That is a bitter pill. Hope they're on the upswing soon.

I can confirm that the Audio Fidelity Blade runner reissue on translucent red wax is of amazing fidelity. I had no idea it was getting repressed, but I bought a backup when I stumbled upon a preorder online.

3 hours ago, docbronze said:

Sorry to hear about your friend, Clerk. That is a bitter pill. Hope they're on the upswing soon.

11 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

That's indeed a shame, hopefully they're recovering well!

Thanks y'all. He's past the worst of it, but he's gonna be recovering for another couple months. We're using this time to get caught up movies we've been putting off; last night we watched "Trick 'r' Treat" and "Creepshow" (he had not seen either). Tomorrow hopefully "From Beyond" and "Re-Animator" (he hasn't seen either and I haven't seen beyond). 

On 28/09/2017 at 12:22 PM, hallowken78 said:

I believe that is the Euro Indie exclusive, however Amoeba must be the only U.S. retailer to get it so it is being advertised as an Amoeba exclusive.

On 28/09/2017 at 12:28 PM, lethalenforcer said:

Precisely: "Color Exclusive to Amoeba in the U.S."

My local store in Canada had a few copies of this red edition (the 7" is black) but me and at least one other person bought copies and that was 2 hours or so ago. so it will sell out fast, maybe even tonight. Toronto peeps who didn't pre order this and aren't going to the show, grab your copies now

Edited by armadillo01

According to 2 Headed Dog about that Blade Runner repress:

”According to our distro it's being repressed. It was on our distro (release date to be determined) list. Most labels release information very early to distributors for reasons of to their own. We hope to have an expected release date soon.”