Official OST and Film Score Thread

1 hour ago, bigdz68 said:

Dude Seriously...THANKS!

I heard my computer beep (the new reply sound) and was about to leave the office for 30 minutes...decided to check and saw this.

Perfect start to being 40! Thanks again 

Happy birthday!

1 hour ago, Vector53 said:

Welp now I've done it....I've bought an expensive $175 vinyl record with liquid in it with John Carpenter's music on it. Is this me coping about missing out on Comic Con tix....I'm not sure lolol. Also I bought the Mondo poster that compliments this record as well. Mondo_Pullin_HalloweenVar_Lg_1024x1024.p

That is definitely the one I would've purchased. Love the Black, white, and orange title treatment. Well done.

1 hour ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

How much were these selling for?

nm.  $175?!?!?

really cool but yeah I would have passed

This is me exactly. I was on the listings before the first "sell-out", but I'm not in a flipping mood and for that price, that's all a liquid filled LP of anything would be good for to me. So leave it for someone who will truly appreciate it...hopefully.

9 minutes ago, docbronze said:

Happy birthday!

That is definitely the one I would've purchased. Love the Black, white, and orange title treatment. Well done.

This is me exactly. I was on the listings before the first "sell-out", but I'm not in a flipping mood and for that price, that's all a liquid filled LP of anything would be good for to me. So leave it for someone who will truly appreciate it...hopefully.

Dont feel bad about Con. My friend scored my pass but everyone else I know was shut out. Good news is that we have one more chance during regular onsale!

4 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

You would think for that asking price they could offer free shipping. Thats just being greedy.

17 minutes ago, clerk3745 said:

Hmm I might just go for this. $10 off is always nice.

Has anyone went to any of the John Carpenter shows this fall? I'm curious what the merch situation is like. I remember reading about a tour variant of the new Anthology but I can't find anything about it now. I'm going on Sunday and it would be great to know if I should get there early for a tour variant or not. 

Just now, chunkrock said:

Has anyone went to any of the John Carpenter shows this fall? I'm curious what the merch situation is like. I remember reading about a tour variant of the new Anthology but I can't find anything about it now. I'm going on Sunday and it would be great to know if I should get there early for a tour variant or not. 

@djghost1976 could probably share some good deets on the merch. I think he said the variant sold out fairly quickly. Here's a picture:

R-11109950-1510015013-8231.jpeg.jpg

1 minute ago, chunkrock said:

I went to the SF show this past Saturday and they had several of the colored 12" DW releases. They had a tour variant of Lost Themes but the Anthology version I bought was BLACK w/7". Did not see a tour variant for that release. I went for the meet and greet and had early access to the merch....once the doors opened the line was insane for merch so getting there early would be in your best interest.

1 minute ago, lethalenforcer said:

@djghost1976 could probably share some good deets on the merch. I think he said the variant sold out fairly quickly. Here's a picture:

Ya I did not see that variant or I would have definitely snatched it up...

5 minutes ago, chunkrock said:

I got there kind of late and the line was super long.   Was able to get the last two 'tour variants' of the Anthology for a couple people on the board.  They had autographed versions for $50 (regular was $30), but the autographed were sold out when I got up to the booth.  I didn't really see any of the other of the limited Anthology variants though.  The usual T-shirts, etc were there as well.  No signed posters that I saw this year either. 

Edited by djghost1976

I did buy the Anthology autographed version if anyone is in need of one....Im 99% sure its black though. I got my Mondo Halloween and Christine sleeves signed so I really don't need another copy of Anthology signed as I did get one of the liquid that I forgot about. 

Spoken for.

Edited by bigdz68

7 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Wow, that is beautiful! Any idea if that came with a 7" @djghost1976?

Thanks for the quick replies everyone!

49 minutes ago, bigdz68 said:

I did buy the Anthology autographed version if anyone is in need of one....Im 99% sure its black though. I got my Mondo Halloween and Christine sleeves signed so I really don't need another copy of Anthology signed as I did get one of the liquid that I forgot about. 

I'll take it

52 minutes ago, djghost1976 said:

I got there kind of late and the line was super long.   Was able to get the last two 'tour variants' of the Anthology for a couple people on the board.  They had autographed versions for $50 (regular was $30), but the autographed were sold out when I got up to the booth.  I didn't really see any of the other of the limited Anthology variants though.  The usual T-shirts, etc were there as well.  No signed posters that I saw this year either. 

Do you have a tour variant? I would love one

SharedImage-77156.jpg?t=094b59212e764bb7

This LIMITED EDITION consists of the following:
•Hard cover faux leather wrapped book
•3 bound and sleeved LPs on 180g vinyl
•A bound 48 page book with images of the recording sessions, scenes of the film, and conceptual art.

Celebrating the 40th Anniversary of one of the most significant soundtracks in film history, Walt Disney Records is set to release a special collector’s edition of the remastered original motion picture soundtrack for Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: A New Hope.

With score conducted and composed by five-time Academy Award®-winning composer John Williams, the 3-LP set features a 48-page hard cover book with 180-gram vinyl. This one-of-a-kind vinyl set, hand etched by Tristan Duke (Jack White’s Lazaretto) of Infinity Light Science, offers a 3D hologram experience featuring the Death Star on Disc 3, Side A. For optimal viewing, use a direct light source or simply hold a mobile phone flashlight above the vinyl to view the hologram. Side B features the Star Wars 40th Anniversary logo etched into the vinyl.

https://www.recordstore.co.uk/recordstore/recordstore/Star-Wars-Episode-IV-A-New-Hope-40th-Anniversary-Box-Set/5NOD0000000

1 hour ago, bigdz68 said:

The autographed 50 dollar version is the variant. Hold it up to the light and it shines like the above picture. They seemed to have plenty when I was at the SF show. Maybe after the show it sold out but if you went up before or during, there were plenty. I got one of them and am very happy to have it.