Official OST and Film Score Thread

13 minutes ago, djghost1976 said:

That's pretty.   Did I miss anything about what the Waxwork subscriber variant looks like? 

Haven't seen anything yet, surprisingly. Don't they usually ship the subs before the product is even posted? I know they just sent us Burbs & Drag, wish they could have waited a week or two and included this.

20 minutes ago, Saxonjulin said:

Worth it! This is an important film and score

I know, I know, and in a few minutes I'll forget the expense.

One question, does this edition of the 50th anniversary include the tracks of the first edition OST edited by Varèse Sarabande?

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Night-Of-The-Living-Dead-Original-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack/release/1455430

Edited by Redder

21 hours ago, Redder said:

I know, I know, and in a few minutes I'll forget the expense.

One question, does this edition of the 50th anniversary include the tracks of the first edition OST edited by Varèse Sarabande?

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Night-Of-The-Living-Dead-Original-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack/release/1455430

3rd pic on waxwork site the the tracklisting on the back, it doesn't appear to have these tracks

3 hours ago, clerk3745 said:

3rd pic on waxwork site the the tracklisting on the back, it doesn't appear to have these tracks

I see that, but instead in the description they say:

[...]From 2015 to 2018, Waxwork Records worked closely with the remaining members of the independent production company that made NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, Image Ten, in an effort to produce a definitive soundtrack album featuring all music from the film. Much of the film’s music was thought to be lost or destroyed, but was located in its entirety and faithfully restored and re-mastered for vinyl.

This special 50th Anniversary Original Motion Picture Soundtrack release of NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD features the complete soundtrack for the very first time in any format, [...]

Changes in the names of the titles?

Edited by Redder

Recordstore.co.uk has an old Death Waltz Release of Halloween II for a decent price. Doesn't say anything about the color, so I guess it is black.

Edit: I didnt receive mine yet, but someone from the FB group where I read this did and it turns out that it is the reissue from 2018.

https://www.recordstore.co.uk/recordstore/recordstore/Halloween-II/2QVL0000000

Edited by Recon

11 hours ago, Recon said:

Recordstore.co.uk has an old Death Waltz Release of Halloween II for a decent price. Doesn't say anything about the color, so I guess it is black.

https://www.recordstore.co.uk/recordstore/recordstore/Halloween-II/2QVL0000000

I didn't receive mine yet, but someone from the FB group where I read this did. And it turns out this is the 2018 reissue.... 

Edited by Recon

2 minutes ago, Dougie Jones said:

Got my Cowboy Bebop set from Funimation today... Awesome.

Was typing my review at this popped up. The pressing is really good, but if I didn't want the book and the bluray I would regret the purchase. It has the same tracks as the bootleg and the bootleg I have sounds pretty damn good in comparison. Also, Funimation could have fit an extra track on both sides of disc 2 so that is disappointing. If anyone is even thinking of shelling out for the official version please think twice. Just my 2 cents and do your own research but you know the resale on this will be insane.

27 minutes ago, ThunderPantz said:

Was typing my review at this popped up. The pressing is really good, but if I didn't want the book and the bluray I would regret the purchase. It has the same tracks as the bootleg and the bootleg I have sounds pretty damn good in comparison. Also, Funimation could have fit an extra track on both sides of disc 2 so that is disappointing. If anyone is even thinking of shelling out for the official version please think twice. Just my 2 cents and do your own research but you know the resale on this will be insane.

So glad I grabbed the boot for (I think $60?) on eBay a while ago.  Although it does seem to be missing a track.  Oh well.

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...