Official OST and Film Score Thread

Wow, we've really gotten to the point where SB & Invada are dominating the OST field, pumping out dozens of variants (per release in some cases) and bitching about the existence of three variants to begin with is a legit disposition.

Even five years ago, getting an OST pressed on vinyl *at all* was a big deal. How far we've come and how little we remember.

Edited by Ex-Quillette Grifter

1 hour ago, Ex-Quillette Grifter said:

Wow, we've really gotten to the point where SB & Invada are dominating the OST field, pumping out dozens of variants (per release in some cases) and bitching about the existence of three variants to begin with is a legit disposition.

Even five years ago, getting an OST pressed on vinyl *at all* was a big deal. How far we've come and how little we remember.

whos bitching about 3 variants? 

Simply stating the colors of all 3 are underwhelming isn’t saying I’m pissed there’s 3-4 variants,  or it exists. 

"Underwhelming" isn't a negative assessment, aka complaint?

Never claimed you should be pissed at the existence of variants; quite the opposite. I just find it weird it's considered so normal so soon in the OST vinyl field that we get to complain about them when they're released.

Tbh I find the vast majority of OST variants way less inventive & uninteresting than in the non-OST world, Stranger Things aside (ignoring cost). 

Edited by Ex-Quillette Grifter

9 hours ago, jeffthomas84 said:

thanks for the heads up... slightly underwhelmed with these variants. Can hardly tell the difference between all 3 variants for this

From, personally, seeing the mock ups, the fact that you can hardly tell the difference is fuckin puzzling to me. Not to mention I think they work great with the art and with the aesthetic of the movie.

25 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

From, personally, seeing the mock ups, the fact that you can hardly tell the difference is fuckin puzzling to me. Not to mention I think they work great with the art and with the aesthetic of the movie.

Just my opinion. They’re both “smoke” variants. 1 black smoke & milky clear. Just figured the other would differ more. 

Edited by jeffthomas84

9 minutes ago, Ex-Quillette Grifter said:

Clear vs clear-with-smoke ain't a huge difference. But yeah, I wouldn't know what else to do with it given the movie's in black-and-white, and not even sepia-tone.

I always appreciate a nice white/black swirl, and even silver/black swirl. 

Then having a clear etc. 

Oh well. Was just hoping for something more is all 

6 minutes ago, jeffthomas84 said:

Exactly... idk why they even bothered at all having 2 smoke variants cause u can hardly tell. Let alone there’s a retail clear variant. Very puzzling. 

Wasn’t speaking in the proverbial sense, I was speaking to you for not being able to differentiate that there are three perfectly fine and visibly distinct, obvious variants. You are the one that is puzzling to me.

9 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Wasn’t speaking in the proverbial sense, I was speaking to you for not being able to differentiate that there are three perfectly fine and visibly distinct, obvious variants. You are the one that is puzzling to me.

Not being able to differentiate? Go back and read tough guy. Might not be so puzzling. 

Clearly stating “HARDLY tell the difference “ means knowing the difference between the 3... just hoped for something different. Personally. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On sale Friday from ETT Noon EST. The image in the email says it's a run of 500 but doesn't say how many of each.

"Enjoy The Toons Records in conjunction with Shakariki Records are proud to present Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego? The Rockapella EP. In the early 90's, PBS created a Carmen Sandiego game show, based on the popular 80s educational video game that was a hit in school computer labs (wow, computer labs - remember those?) across the country. One of the best parts of the show was Rockapella, the New York-based a cappella group that performed throughout the show and at the end credits (which everyone would yell, "Do it, Rockapella!" to kick off the end of the show). Now, over 25 years later, Rockapella is releasing a newly recorded and mastered version of the hit television theme, only available on vinyl.

Variants
World Swirl - Blue/Green Swirl (Enjoy The Ride Records Exclusive)
Carmen Swirl - Red/Yellow Swirl (Bull Moose/Zia Exclusive)

Track Listing
Side A:
1. Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego?
2. Workin' My Way To You

Side B:
3. Sunburnt Sucker
4. Bach vs. Beethoven"

Edited by N8TRU