Official OST and Film Score Thread

Wow, those prices are just... obnoxious. 3 editions with 4 lps that add up to a total of 166$. Maybe if that meant good pressing quality I would not mind as much but more often than not it's the extra expensive ones that also sound extra crappy. Too bad, I really like the soundtrack, but this is just bonkers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2020 at 8:49 PM, vasdenyas said:

Wow, those prices are just... obnoxious. 3 editions with 4 lps that add up to a total of 166$. Maybe if that meant good pressing quality I would not mind as much but more often than not it's the extra expensive ones that also sound extra crappy. Too bad, I really like the soundtrack, but this is just bonkers.

If you order off amazon Japan they end up being much more affordable. I ended up paying around $42 each for Kiki's and Porco Rosso (albeit, they were single lps). Still not cheap, but Japanese media has always been more expensive compared to many other countries. Their standard CDs retail for around $30-$35.

As for the sound quality on these releases, I've picked up all the OST versions of the recent Ghibli re-issues and they all sound fantastic. Nice dynamic range and clean audio. The packaging and artwork is really high quality too printed on sturdy material with hi-res artwork and often contain little extras like inserts (or even a cell animation page for Castle in the Sky). I wouldn't have any reservations about whether or not these are good pressings. 

3 hours ago, fish said:

There's a repress of the silver starbust up at lots of retail places. Just preordered from Bull Moose.

Princess Mononoke is up on Amazon JP. You can nab these at like $5-6 cheaper than most other US distros. First time I felt compelled to grab the symphonic suite in addition to the OST. Came out to roughly $55 shipped for the OST and $45 shipped for the SS. 

91FDsAcs3WL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Original Soundtrack 

(¥4,926 + ¥1,495 shipping)

91GCI8734pL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Symphonic Suite

(¥3,821 + ¥1,347)

91wEGIvq5LL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Image Album

(¥3,821 + ¥1,347 shipping)

Edited by ghost

• 4 weeks later...

Walter Mitty Score was announced today. Release 7-10-2020

• 180 gram audiophile vinyl
  • Gatefold sleeve
  • Insert
  • PVC protective sleeve
  • MOV hype sticker
  • Score composed by Theodore Shapiro featuring José González
  • Exclusive limited "I'll Take The Red One..." edition of 1000 individually numbered copies on red vinyl

https://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/original-soundtrack/secret-life-of-walter-mitty-theodore-shapiro#.XtqxkZ5KiL8

• 2 weeks later...