Official OST and Film Score Thread

6 minutes ago, bigdz68 said:

Waxwork dropped Escape from New York and The Fog this morning.

There is also a sacred bones variant for each /500

I grabbed both Sacred Bones variants and then checked 5 minutes later and they are sold out. I was waffling since I already have standard versions from Silva Screen of both expanded soundtracks but fuck it. 

7 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

There are still 93 Escape copies left and 121 Fog at Sacred Bones. If you have them in your cart the buttons on the product pages say Sold Out, but they’re not.

They still show available for me via sacred bones but I already bought the waxwork versions as I somehow never bought a previous press.

Waxwork confirmed this is a new mastering fyi

57 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

There are still 93 Escape copies left and 121 Fog at Sacred Bones. If you have them in your cart the buttons on the product pages say Sold Out, but they’re not.

Weird, they definitely weren't/aren't showing for me on the artist page and when I click on the links to the pages themselves I get the following error message.

"This content is protected, but it doesn't look like you have access. If you feel this is a mistake, please contact the store owner."

I wonder if because I bought them already if they've put some sort of IP block on to avoid people buying more than one of them.

14 minutes ago, chunkrock said:

Weird, they definitely weren't/aren't showing for me on the artist page and when I click on the links to the pages themselves I get the following error message.

"This content is protected, but it doesn't look like you have access. If you feel this is a mistake, please contact the store owner."

I wonder if because I bought them already if they've put some sort of IP block on to avoid people buying more than one of them.

Are you outside the US? Apparently these are US-only releases and they’ve been canceling any non-domestic orders that got through earlier.

1 hour ago, lethalenforcer said:

Are you outside the US? Apparently these are US-only releases and they’ve been canceling any non-domestic orders that got through earlier.

Shit, I'm in Canada. Although I'm having this shipped to my US PO box  and haven't got a cancellation so hopefully I'm safe.

If Waxwork/Sacred Bones are going to keep doing Carpenter scores, I'm hoping to finally get a great Halloween 78. Not a fan of the Mondo releases with dialogue and their 40th anniversary reissue is better but there are the noted sound dips due to the tracks being pulled from the film. 

I'm no expert though, so maybe that's the best there can be. If anyone knows of another option already in existence, I'm all ears!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Supernaut said:

So I ordered the Barnes and noble Marie Antoinette OST and it shipped a few weeks ago - tracking says it left the US. But I just got email saying that my payment hasn’t gone through because my card expired. Is this normal for B&N? What the hell should I do?

They did just get hacked. Did your card actually expire?