Official OST and Film Score Thread

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Nice. I’ll have to give that soundtrack a listen real quick. It is amazing how underrated that show was. On the surface it was just cosmic horror but honestly covered topics of racism better than most shows. 10/10 would rewatch.

I started out loving it but it definitely went off the rails for me during the last couple episodes.  I can’t remember exactly why though.  I think it felt like they started to do way too much and it was feeling a little rushed.

I wouldn’t mind reading the book though to see how similar it is.  I do own it, just a matter of getting to it. 

11 hours ago, Rip said:

I started out loving it but it definitely went off the rails for me during the last couple episodes.  I can’t remember exactly why though.  I think it felt like they started to do way too much and it was feeling a little rushed.

I wouldn’t mind reading the book though to see how similar it is.  I do own it, just a matter of getting to it. 

It’s been a while since I’d read the book (which I read back when the series was very first announced), but I do remember it being really close to the book for at least the first few episodes; that’s not to say the later episodes diverge, I just don’t remember enough of the specifics of the book because my mind is a sieve now.

The book’s fun! I generally liked the other Ruff stuff I’ve read though.

Edited by iwokeinrelief

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, mr. sincere said:

I was hoping the longer wait for a preorder this time meant they were waiting for these to be in hand before putting them up. But alas, January 2023 release.

Oh well, will just spin 2018 and Kills on repeat again this season. Two excellent scores so far for this series.

If you order from bandcamp you get the digital on 10/14 too:

https://johncarpentermusic.bandcamp.com/album/halloween-ends-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

8 hours ago, No This Is Patrick said:

Was so unbelievably stoked to see this pop up yesterday.  I’ve been waiting for this for so long.  And even though the Mondo set is nice, I’m not a fan of live recordings in general, and plus the talking between tracks really kills the vibe for me.