Official OST and Film Score Thread

No, I haven't, but I will check it out. My comment was mostly just thinking aloud. I feel like labels are riding this strange wave of soundtrack record buying and milking it for all it's worth. People seem to wet their pants for ANYTHING Mondo puts out. They make it such a collector's item and it doesn't come cheap. I wonder if in 20 years, people will be looking through the Goodwill bins and finding copies of Drive and Poltergeist instead of My Fair Lady or The Rose.

I've found a lot of cool soundtracks at goodwill. Over a couple months and maybe $5 total I scored The Shining, Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Godfather, Apocalypse Now, Midnight Cowboy, Easy Rider, and The Muppet Movie, I don't spin them often and a couple were "whatever it's $0.50 and I like the movie" purchases, but I do enjoy most of them.

But yeah, it seems like soundtracks are the "in" thing right now which is ok with me because it got Solaris pressed. I've always really enjoyed listening to film scores and soundtracks though. As a kid probably 90% of my cassette collection was soundtracks. Wish I still had them too.

• 1 month later...

People interested in the OST from Valhalla Rising.

There are 2 versions. The Invada version for £18,99

There's also a version from a Belgian label with different artwork.

Valhalla_Rising__5257041d87020.jpg

Kinda like what Mondo is doing. Except the artwork is not that amazing but still looks good.

Also on red vinyl and only €15.

I bought this one and sound quality is good!

http://www.mewelesite.be/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=63&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

The WeMe 2LP version is the way to go, as the Milan/Invada LP is incomplete (missing 5 tracks from the score).

Also the WeMe artwork is way better, I'm thinking of opening up that jacket and framing it along with the records.

1476639_564045553670504_878948427_n.jpg

New label Poisoned Mind Records is going to be releasing a 7" of the music from the SOV horror flick Black Devil Doll From Hell. This is one for all the sociopath, basement dwellers such as myself.

http://poisonedmindrecords.bigcartel.com/product/black-devil-doll-from-hell-7-vinyl

can't believe that after all these years, nobody has issued Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind on vinyl. One of my favorite scores ever - actually, there seems to be a dearth of Jon Brion soundtracks on vinyl. I can already dream of the deluxe 2LP package...

also - has The Royal Tenenbaums ever had a vinyl release? seems like there would be a market to release some of these modern classics