SOUL, FUNK, and BLUES Record Thread

39 minutes ago, serum7 said:

Latest round of Colemine releases are up for order (for email subscribers), including The Delvon Lamarr Organ Trio LP.

First time purchaser from Colemine here.  After a few friends played the heck out of their 7"s I realized I couldn't sit around and miss any more.

• 2 weeks later...

Up for pre-order now

The True Loves - Famous Last Words

https://warhenrecords.bandcamp.com/album/warhen024-famous-last-words-lp

Limited to 100 copies. Black wax. DL Code included.

Officially out in mid-march, but test pressings were approved a couple weeks ago, so I'll ship these out as soon as they start arriving, which I'm hoping will be in the next week or two.

14 minutes ago, warhenrecords said:

Up for pre-order now

The True Loves - Famous Last Words

https://warhenrecords.bandcamp.com/album/warhen024-famous-last-words-lp

Limited to 100 copies. Black wax. DL Code included.

Officially out in mid-march, but test pressings were approved a couple weeks ago, so I'll ship these out as soon as they start arriving, which I'm hoping will be in the next week or two.

Only 100, huh? Hopefully, they will be around when I get paid.

Picked this up a few weeks ago at a local shop. I had put it off because it was $8 or $10 and I had a few other 45's I wanted more. I hid it behind another artist and to my surprise hadn't been picked up the last time I was in the shop. Nice blues that's not that same old time signature.

https://www.discogs.com/Lightning-Slim-Im-Evil-If-You-Ever-Need-Me/release/4569442

Edited by somethingvinyl

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2018 at 4:12 PM, warhenrecords said:

Yeah I saw that earlier and I was wondering does that mean DJ&tI signed with Dead Oceans and not Colemine? Or is Colemine now part of the Secretly Group?

I have done zero research, just seemed surprising to me considering it seems like Colemine is really hittin' it right now.

FYI,  they are officially on Dead Oceans now. Also, didn't get an up close look at the new press, but from a distance it looked like they're in a basic LP jacket, NOT the nice gatefold tip-on that Colemine uses. Buy up an OG press if you want that extra love. 

Edited by serum7

Wow, kind of a big hit for Colemine, no?

I mean I'm sure DO can provide "more" but DJ&TI don't really seem to fit the vibe of DO to my ear.

Also - to everyone waiting patiently on that True Loves LP, you can thank Merchant Vinyl for the delay. In the middle of a bit of a nightmare with them currently.

2 hours ago, warhenrecords said:

Wow, kind of a big hit for Colemine, no?

I mean I'm sure DO can provide "more" but DJ&TI don't really seem to fit the vibe of DO to my ear.

Also - to everyone waiting patiently on that True Loves LP, you can thank Merchant Vinyl for the delay. In the middle of a bit of a nightmare with them currently.

I wonder if it's just a matter of geography. Both the band and Dead Oceans seem to be located in Bloomington.

Sucks that you are having to deal with the delay. I'm sure all of us can be patient.

Edited by lexicondevil

4 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

I wonder if it's just a matter of geography. Both the band and Dead Oceans seem to be located in Bloomington.

Sucks that you are having to deal with the delay. I'm sure all of us can be patient.

Thank you for the patience, for real.

It's been an incredible test in patience & frustration for me. I've been fairly lucky with getting everything on time with pretty much all of my past releases, so this has been particularly annoying. Especially since it's actually affecting another release in addition to the True Loves.

So yeah, when they show up, they're going back out the door immediately.

On 3/16/2018 at 3:57 PM, warhenrecords said:

Thank you for the patience, for real.

It's been an incredible test in patience & frustration for me. I've been fairly lucky with getting everything on time with pretty much all of my past releases, so this has been particularly annoying. Especially since it's actually affecting another release in addition to the True Loves.

So yeah, when they show up, they're going back out the door immediately.

I just watch this performance and wonder how the hell you decided to only press 100 of these? ;)