PO: Athletics - Who You Are is Not Enough

http://www.inthecloudsrecords.com/product/athletics-who-you-are-is-not-enough

From In the Clouds:

"when i had first worked w/ athletics on why aren't i home? they had just finished recording their a new album - which they described as a concept record that was really 1 song broken down into 5 movements. i wasn't sure what to expect, i just remember thinking it seemed like a bold move... the album did not disappoint.

as we started to discuss pressing who you are is not enough i knew how much effort they had put into the album and wanted to find a way for the packaging to also reflect the idea of being 1 thing brokendown into five parts. so i designed a package where the entire thing was cut, screen-printed, folded, wax sealed and numbered by hand.

a lot of sleepless nights went into the process of making all 300 of these by hand, so i wanted the vinyl color to reflect the things that really helped everything come together - coffee & booze."

Pressing info:

hand-made / wax sealed vinyl jacket

12" vinyl w/ 2 color variants

(150) : Jack & Coke

(150) : Cup O' Joe

Is the song in the video an Athletics song from the new record? It sounds great! Never heard of them before...and creating the package looks like a sh*tload of work! Nice!

Yes, that song is from the EP. The entire EP is a masterpiece in my opinion. Ordered Jack & Coke immediately since that is my favorite mixed drink haha. The packaging looks outstanding. In The Clouds puts a lot of work into every one of their releases.

Take a listen here: http://athleticsmusic.bandcamp.com/releases

Damn, didn't know there were even test presses available. Guess they sold out by the time I checked. I do want one, but probably for the best that I missed out. Gotta stop spending so damn much.

Thanks for posting this PO, had no idea!

Love this EP. Would have been nice to get a test, but getting the two variants was a nice surprise to find here today, thanks again!

edit : went back and whoever had a Test in their cart, dumped it, and w00t!!  Come to Papa :)

Thanks for posting this PO, had no idea!

Love this EP. Would have been nice to get a test, but getting the two variants was a nice surprise to find here today, thanks again!

edit : went back and whoever had a Test in their cart, dumped it, and w00t!!  Come to Papa :)

glad you got that. i had ordered it for belowthesky. he ended up snagging one. so i cancelled my order.

Only 300 pressed in total?  I imagine these won't last too terribly long... especially with it being their latest release.  I'd love to see both variants a bit closer... but aside from just looking more attractive, I've got to go with the Cup O' Joe for the backstory that batman posted.

seriously, it's perfect

i really hope they throw in one of those cool stickers too.