PO: The National "trouble will find me"

Yeah I agree it's sorta pointless to say straight up that a record is their best. I've only recently got into these dudes through Trouble Will Find Me. I've checked out High Violet, which I think is insanely good, and Boxer, which I'm warming to. Looking forward to checking out Alligator as I've only heard good things.

Yeah I agree it's sorta pointless to say straight up that a record is their best. I've only recently got into these dudes through Trouble Will Find Me. I've checked out High Violet, which I think is insanely good, and Boxer, which I'm warming to. Looking forward to checking out Alligator as I've only heard good things.

Alligator is their best. 

• 1 month later...

Listened to half of this on the treadmill yesterday.  Gonna finish it up today.

Loved the part where Matt quoted his brother: "Listening to The National makes me think about my life.  I don't want to think about my life."

• 1 year later...

New song Sunshine On My Back: http://pitchfork.com/news/59095-the-national-release-sunshine-on-my-back/

Artworks looks kinda like the Trouble Will Find Me artwork so maybe a b-side. REALLY digging it. Has this band ever done something wrong?

Correct. From an e-mail from the band's mailing list I just received:

"The song was recorded during the Trouble Will Find Me Sessions and Sharon van Etten provides guest vocals."

• 2 years later...
36 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Friendly reminder that the most deluxe version of their last album was like $40 for a die-cut boxset with prints.  I feel like I've raved about the quality and pricing on that thing in multiple posts, but it was a genuine steal.

Vinyl has shot up in price tremendously since TWFM. I wouldn't count on that kind of pricing generosity moving forward :(

2 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Vinyl has shot up in price tremendously since TWFM. I wouldn't count on that kind of pricing generosity moving forward :(

But it was head-scratchingly cheap at the time, too.  I don't even know who'd handle the press of the new album (their website?  4AD?), nor what kind of options are available, but you're probably right in suspecting that a fancy boxset for $40 is out of the question.  I guess you never know.  Hopefully we find out soon.