PO: The National "trouble will find me"

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Not to be a total bloodbuzzkill, but if the retail variant is white and the 4AD variant is blue... it seems like that weird "house" icon could be the new album art, perhaps?  The one they changed their Facebook photo.  I've always thought their prior albums had fantastic art that each stood strong on their own.  That new design is a little too minimal and makes me think of The National meets a Monopoly board.  Hoping they've got something fancier in store but won't complain either way.

I think this is the cover art.

C_fIbsoXoAA5P52.jpg 

1 minute ago, richardsurf said:

I think this is the cover art.

C_fIbsoXoAA5P52.jpg 

I think you're right and I saw it a minute too late. Makes sense that their new "icon" is a very basic version of it.  The night setting ties in with the title, too.  Stoked.  Hoping VMP does a clear or something.  Also wouldn't mind 4AD doing another die cut box that opens up along the edge of the house; there could be prints or sleeves or internal designs themed after rooms of the house or whatever aesthetic they're going for on the album.  Would buy.

1 minute ago, mizzle said:

I ordered the blue version earlier today. Didn't realize they already pulled it. No clue if they'll honor the order or not, but I haven't received a cancellation/refund as of yet.

Also, the "house" cover/logo stuff keeps making me think of american football.

Is there a photo or anything on your receipt?  Do you know if it's a translucent blue or an opaque one or a baby blue or anything?  And I assume it was through 4AD, right?  Eager to see what's offered.

17 minutes ago, colbourne25 said:

I like that these teaser videos have been at around 2PM here in Australia :) hopefully the pre order will go live then. Prime time here

Countless times I've been alseep and woken up to a pre order with a variant that has sold out

TWFM box set didn't sell out for several weeks right?

2 minutes ago, Vector53 said:

So I'm confused. Did the blue sell out or get pulled cause it was too early to actually PO?

No official announcement from the band so I would say they must have jumped the gun putting their pre order up.

27 minutes ago, hobbesthecat said:

TWFM box set didn't sell out for several weeks right?

Yeh it took a fair while. Just sayin' if there's a super limited variant I'll be on it ;)