PO: Sigur Rós - Kveikur (new album on 2XLP)

Saw SR first time ever last night with my daughter and a couple of close friends. Indescribable, the atmosphere.

Just one observation, whatever back trouble Orri had from Valtari days, he is definitely over -- that man beat the flippin' stink out of his kit all night long, even on the track Varud.  (  ) 8 build up was just insane, even our friends who were only tangentially familiar with them could not stop talking about the show, esp. (  ) 8.

I don't see how Orri didn't go through 3 sets of drum heads on his toms, and Jonsi really seemed to be into it as well. Georg, is well... Georg. Family guy. But even on (  ) 8, he had a little jam going there.

I was at the show last night too! It was beautiful. My boyfriend and I were front and center. I swear Jonsi was trying to communicate with us at least 5 times... Trying to get us to sing along and whatnot. One of the best shows of my life.

I was at the show in Cleveland a few weeks back.  First time getting to see them, absolutely unreal!  I definitely agree with the posts saying this is one of the best albums this year.  I was curious about the newer "darker" direction from the first teasers, but this album definitely delivered for me!

Enjoy Kveikur every play. Maybe not 'epic' like a Saeglopur or (  ) 8, but really great music, like Valtari, in its own way - different, but still quite pleasant.

I don't hear the 'dark' yet...

Georg's bass effects were a great move

Seeing them live really just sealed it

• 1 month later...

Beat me to it - 

Better than an alpaca blanket or some-such  ;)

Lots of goodies in there and shipping isn't that bad ($11.63 to US) for 9 x 12" records, art, autograph, #'ed

Probably will be someone's major Christmas present at our house, after getting to see them live for the first time this year, and.... she dropped $35 of her hard-earned baby-sitting money. for a silly T shirt.  Sigur Ros, swoon... :wub:

My 1000th post - I need to do a contest / giveaway or something (but not this haha)

Beat me to it - 

Better than an alpaca blanket or some-such  ;)

Lots of goodies in there and shipping isn't that bad ($11.63 to US) for 9 x 12" records, art, autograph, #'ed

Probably will be someone's major Christmas present at our house, after getting to see them live for the first time this year, and.... she dropped $35 of her hard-earned baby-sitting money. for a silly T shirt.  Sigur Ros, swoon... :wub:

My 1000th post - I need to do a contest / giveaway or something (but not this haha)

sending "congratulations" balloons and flowers to your place!!

hehe