The "Can Someone Try And Pick This Up For Me At RSD 2013" Thread

Record Store Day is less than a month away, and the official list of releases has just been announced.  If you haven't seen the list it is located here: http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialReleases (full PDF list is herehttp://download.recordstoreday.com/free/RSD_2013_RELEASES_WEBSITE.pdf)

Unfortunately I will not be able to participate in RSD this year because I will be out of town, and I'm sure I'm not the only one in a situation that prevents them from visiting their favorite record store on April 20.  This thread is to help people like me get these limited releases from the nice and generous people who are going.

Here are a few guidelines and reminders for this thread:

• If there is a record(s) you want, post saying something like "can someone try and help me get me this or these?"

• If you are going and there is a popular record you are willing to help someone pick up, post something like "I can probably pick up a copy of (insert title) for someone who needs it"

• Remember that most (probably all) stores have a one per customer policy for RSD releases, so don't offer to pick up the White Stripes record for someone if you plan to get one for yourself.

• Don't forget that this is all conditional, the person who offered to help might not be able to get the record you want.  If you want to increase your odds by asking multiple people to help, that's fine but don't be a dick and refuse to pay one of them if they both get that record for you.

• Try and conduct business through PMs instead of on the thread itself.  It will make it easier for you to keep track of things and will keep the thread a little less cluttered.

• SELL THE RECORD FOR PRICE + SHIPPING.  If you think your time is so valuable that you deserve to get payed double and flip the record on someone here then don't even offer.

• Sellers/helpers, if you are nervous about people not paying you, have them pay before.  If you call your store, they can likely tell you what the price for an item is going to be.  If you do this and are unable to get the record for them, give them their money back.

• If you are new on VC, don't be offended if other people are helped before you.  Also don't expect someone who has been around for a while to send you money beforehand if you only have 1 post.

I think that's it.  If anyone can think of anything else for me to add to the OP let me know and I will.

I know we discussed this before. I am all for it.

The one thing that I'd like to stress though, is that there should be no reason whatsoever for anyone to "mark up" the cost of a record they may be picking up for someone in this thread or anywhere else for that matter. This is not eBay and this thread and effort are not for the flippers.

If you're picking up records on RSD for the sole purpose to flip them on eBay or to other members, then don't even bother to offer here or peddle them on VC.

I know we discussed this before. I am all for it.

The one thing that I'd like to stress though, is that there should be no reason whatsoever for anyone to "mark up" the cost of a record they may be picking up for someone in this thread or anywhere else for that matter. This is not eBay and this thread and effort are not for the flippers.

If you're picking up records on RSD for the sole purpose to flip them on eBay or to other members, then don't even bother to offer here or peddle them on VC.

I sort of mentioned this in the OP, but I can make it more explicit if you want me to.

Unfortunately I have an event to go to on RSD.  There are a few releases I'd like to get my hands on but if there's only one I am able to get, I would really like the Bayside - Live at the BSC release.  I was at the recording of that and I have everything they've put out on vinyl.  I'm gonna try and get it online if possible but if anyone does snag an extra copy of this I would be very thankful.

I would reallllllly love to get a copy of the DMB Live Box Set....my main store has an issue with the company who is distributing this (basically they've screwed up the orders for RSD last year and Black Friday in November).  I know it will be hard to get with only 500 made, but I'd probably even throw in extra money.  In addition, I can probably trade for nearly any other US or UK release with my connections.

Unfortunately I have an event to go to on RSD.  There are a few releases I'd like to get my hands on but if there's only one I am able to get, I would really like the Bayside - Live at the BSC release.  I was at the recording of that and I have everything they've put out on vinyl.  I'm gonna try and get it online if possible but if anyone does snag an extra copy of this I would be very thankful.

I ordered a copy from Strictly Discs, then it was pulled from their site. Is there a place to do this elsewhere?