The "Can Someone Try And Pick This Up For Me At RSD 2013" Thread

I placed an order with Strictly Discs, so we'll see if I can get all of them.

- Touche Amore/Title Fight 7"  [$8.99]

- Dazed And Confused  Soundrtrack [$32.99]

- Their/They're/There [$15.99]

- Deftones Live: Vol. 1 [$12.99]

- Biffy Clyro Black Chandelier 7" [$7.99]

- BTBAM's The Anatomy Of [$21.99]

- All That Remains' The Fall Of Ideals [$19.99]

That's a total of $120.93. Do you think the prices that Strictly Discs has up will be around what everyone else charges? I'd imagine this is pretty close. There's other things I thought about getting, but ultimately decided to pass on. One, because this is expensive enough as is, and secondly I'm sure there will be cool limited stuff and sales put on by different labels.

I'm trying to get:

Bayside

Now, Now

Straylight Run

Linkin Park

Mostly interested in Bayside (to complete the GFs collection) and Now, Now for myself.

I'm pretty new to VC, I've only had 1 buy from someone here but 100% buyer on ebay (randy661ca).

Not trying scam anyone just want a better chance of picking these up (like I'm sure everyone else is on this thread).

Definitely willing to trade #s and/or emails to keep in touch on RSD as well as pick something up for someone else.

I'll be in Santa Monica area, though not from around there so I'll only know places listed on RSD website.

If anyone knows of a good spot to check out where I might be able to pick some stuff up in the LA area please let me know.

Obviously Amoeba in Hollywood and Fingerprints in Long Beach are the 2 biggest but you can also find stuff at Soundsations in Westchester and Freakbeat in Sherman Oaks.

i definitely need to score a copy of mad season.. the wife has wanted this forever but i refuse to pay ebay prices for it...if i can snag this i will be in for some dirty sex! B)

this will be available at indie record stores until the beginning of June, then nationwide.  Don't worry about not getting one...

if it doesn't rain, I will be stuck at work on RSD. If anyone could help me out with any of these, I'd really appreciate it. Not sure just how many each store will have but if possible I would like:

Best Coast 7"

Blind Melon S/T 

Pink Floyd See Emily Play 7"

Touche/Title Fight split

Hendrix Stone Free 7"

Grateful Dead Rare Cuts 2xLP

If there is anyone who would be able to help, please message me because I most likely will not be able to afford all of these hahah.

Obviously Amoeba in Hollywood and Fingerprints in Long Beach are the 2 biggest but you can also find stuff at Soundsations in Westchester and Freakbeat in Sherman Oaks.

I'd recommend staying away from Amoeba unless you want to enjoy the spectacle that is record store day there... especially if someone like Chino Moreno decides to show up and DJ like last year - irregardless, It will be a sea of rude hipsters (just like every other day at Amoeba).

Well, after much reasearch and finding out, looks like it's very likely my local store will not get anything I want. So here's what I am looking for and if anyone can hook me up with, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Whirr - Part Time Punks Sessions 7"

Ides of Gemini 7"

Mad Season - Above 2xLP

That's it. Get at me. I'm good people. You know it. ;)

Haven't done Fingerprint's RSD, but it's a great shop and should be checked out on any given day. i do Amoeba because it's closer and they get some of every release, but it does get crazy packed! really nice crew though. they brought out coffee and pastries for us last year.

I was thinking Amoeba just because it is a bigger store.  Any idea of when to show up, like how early?

I heard you have to show up pretty early to be up front for amoeba... I goto Salzer's in Ventura. (closer to me anyway) I show up an hour to 45 minutes before they open the store and I was 9th in line last year. Got everything that I wanted no problem. The staff is super helpful too. Asked me if I needed help finding anything and I just told him every release I wanted and he found them for me, I was at the register checking out in under 5 minutes.

Will there be general prices for items listed anywhere before RSD? I am looking to help someone with Dave Matthews and would like a general price range.

i was going off of bull moose's RSD listings for a general idea of pricing. not every release is on there, but there are enough to get a general idea of how much a lot of them are going to cost. they have DMB box set listed as $59.98 list price.

http://www.bullmoose.com/c/11389/record-store-day-2013

Guest deathbydrums

Can several people here please grab me several of your local record store's most valuable RSD records, sell them on ebay, ship them and then forward me the monies earned?  Limited offer.  Looking forward to your responses.