What Vinyl Boxset would like to see Happening?

Right about the time Lagwagon released their boxset I thought about a cool Millencolin boxset... It would be something like:

LP 1 - Goofy (side A) and Melack (side B)

LP 2 - Use Your Nose (side A) and Skauch (side B)

LP 3 - Same Old Tunes

LP 4 - Life On A Plate

LP 5 - UYN/Skauch/SOT/LOAP/FM era b-sides/comp tracks

LP 6 - For Monkeys

LP 7 - Pennybridge Pioneers

LP 8 - Home From Home

LP 9 - PP/HFH era b-sides/comp tracks

LP 10 - Live tracks (incl the Hi-8 Adventures soundtrack and live b-sides)

LP 5:

Flippin' Beans

Melancholy Protection

A Bit of Muslin

Every Breath You Take (Police cover)

Disney Time (Demo version)

Da Strike (Demo version)

Niap

Understand (Superdong cover)

Softworld (Original version)

9 to 5 (Dolly Parton cover)

Dragster

Entrance at Rudebrook

An Elf and His Zippo

Buzzer (extended)

The Story of My Life (remix)

Vixen

Israelites (Desmond Dekker cover)

LP 9:

Queens Gambit

Dinner Dog

Kemp (Original version)

Black Eye (Orignal version)

The Downhill Walk

Absolute Zero

Bull By The Horns

Into The Maze

E20 Norr

Bowmore

LP 10:

Side A: The Hi-8 Adventures soundtrack

Side B:

Shake Me (live)

Penguins & Polarbears (live)

No Cigar (live)

+more live tracks?

I would buy that! But I don't think we'll see a Millencolin boxset soon with Epitaph reissuing their records seperately.

Our Lady Peace. 20 years of music and 8 albums, and the only viny to their name was a 7" Neil Young cover in '94, and the most recent two albums (which tbh were a little underwhelming, at least in comparison to the earlier stuff).

20th Anniversary 1994-2014 box set. I still don't understand why this isn't happening.

There is also a blue Superman's Dead 7"

Starflyer 59:

STARGAZER: The first 3 albums (Silver, Gold, Americana) would make an awesome shoegazing-y box set with the most amazing cover art (obviously 'She's The Queen' & 'Le Vainqueur' and possibly 'I am The Portuguese Blues' as bonus content)

STARDRIVER: Next four albums from 'The Fashion Focus' to 'Old' would make a perfect britpop-influenced set ('Fell In Love At 22' & 'Can't Stop Eating' as bonus material)

Rest of the catalog isn't essential but wouldn't mind a STARCOOLER box set.

Bonus extra content would be 'Leigh & Me' 7" as Starflyer2000  B)

Edited by futre

Starflyer 59:

STARGAZER: The first 3 albums (Silver, Gold, Americana) would make an awesome shoegazing-y box set with the most amazing cover art (obviously 'She's The Queen' & 'Le Vainqueur' and possibly 'I am The Portuguese Blues' as bonus content)

I'd go for this, if nothing else. So annoyed with myself that I never picked up Silver when it was available. Blue Collar Love was the first song I learned on guitar and made me understand the structure of power chords.

• 2 weeks later...

Five Iron Frenzy

MxPx

The Chariot

Crass

Sigur Ros - A new box set that contains everything ever, spins at 45, is a set of like 50 records, and obviously costs 2,000 haha.

these would all be fun for me.

As someone who is a Sigur Rós completist that SR box sounds awful because I already own most everything and don't want to have to buy it again. But I would.

Counting Crows box set

As a long-time fan, they'd probably sucker me into buying that one.

BUT... From a financial perspective, I already own the 45 RPM reissue of AAEA (wonderful, and still in print)... And the OP of RTS (which sounds pretty great for 90s vinyl). I'd love to get Desert Life for less than $150, but Hard Candy... SN&SM... Not essential. And you KNOW a vinyl box would be $200+ as they'd have to throw in their last three albums (AKA the live August and the two covers records)... which are all still available on vinyl right now.

Still, if the price was reasonable, I'd be all-in just for TDL and the 5-6 good songs each on Hard Candy and SN&SM.

The other day I was daydreaming about a Nine Inch Nails box set when he hits Halo 30. It would be so huge and expensive but I bet it would sell pretty well.

I love NIN but Trent's done a good job of getting most of his records back into print. I'd rather he focus all his energy on a NICE audiophile remaster of The Fragile. (And then Broken... Although I can't imagine that one ever sounding "audiophile" on wax. It's a loud, abrasive record any way you cut it.)

I'd love a Manic Street Preachers box set, but they just released a cd box set of all the singles that hit the UK top 40 from their first album to the singles on their tenth album. It was a stupid number around 40 discs.

I'd love a major label boxset, but it'd be so goddamned expensive.

You can still find most of their "prime years" records for reasonable prices if you hunt around. (Not GATS and Holy Bible tho.) Generation Terrorists was reissued in the UK, and then MOV did the post-Richey albums. But fair warning: Forever Delayed sounds AWFUL. Gorgeous packaging and the uncut versions, but I almost cried when I heard how bad the records sounded. Since then I've been hesitant to pull the trigger on EMG or Truth.

I would've been OK with a vinyl version of National Treasures (mastered RIGHT). 4XLP set. Could've worked. Missed opportunity.... 

As a long-time fan, they'd probably sucker me into buying that one.

BUT... From a financial perspective, I already own the 45 RPM reissue of AAEA (wonderful, and still in print)... And the OP of RTS (which sounds pretty great for 90s vinyl). I'd love to get Desert Life for less than $150, but Hard Candy... SN&SM... Not essential. And you KNOW a vinyl box would be $200+ as they'd have to throw in their last three albums (AKA the live August and the two covers records)... which are all still available on vinyl right now.

Still, if the price was reasonable, I'd be all-in just for TDL and the 5-6 good songs each on Hard Candy and SN&SM.

Did you grab Echoes of the Outlaw Roadshow when it dropped a few months ago?  

Did you grab Echoes of the Outlaw Roadshow when it dropped a few months ago?  

Nah, not even on CD. I just got fed up with the Crows sometime around that God-awful tour with NOTAR (AKA Adam's white rapper signing).

They were always hit-or-miss live, but some of the shows circa 1999-2000 were fantastic. And the albums fell off after RTS, but still had their moments. But seriously, in the first ten years of their existence: 4 studio albums (including 2 classics), and 1 live record (also classic). Since 2002: One (so-so) studio album, one live album, a covers album (with a lot of the same covers from the HC era), and ANOTHER live album. 

I mean, I get it... Bands in their second (and third) decades tend to fall off. But they're barely even trying anymore. Case in point: Would it kill Adam to learn a different Grateful Dead song BESIDES Friend Of The Devil?? Good God man.

Nah, not even on CD. I just got fed up with the Crows sometime around that God-awful tour with NOTAR (AKA Adam's white rapper signing).

They were always hit-or-miss live, but some of the shows circa 1999-2000 were fantastic. And the albums fell off after RTS, but still had their moments. But seriously, in the first ten years of their existence: 4 studio albums (including 2 classics), and 1 live record (also classic). Since 2002: One (so-so) studio album, one live album, a covers album (with a lot of the same covers from the HC era), and ANOTHER live album. 

I mean, I get it... Bands in their second (and third) decades tend to fall off. But they're barely even trying anymore. Case in point: Would it kill Adam to learn a different Grateful Dead song BESIDES Friend Of The Devil?? Good God man.

I understand your frstration.  I did think the blu ray they did a few years ago was fantastic