PO: Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

• 2 weeks later...

I'd actually be really into this if it contained a remastered version. Not that the 1st press was done poorly or anything, it's a great sounding record buuuuuut there was definitely room for improvement.

Really? Everyone I know who owns it says it is one of the best sounding records they have ever bought. I agree with them.

Really? Everyone I know who owns it says it is one of the best sounding records they have ever bought. I agree with them.

It sounds pretty good, in fact - really good, but I wouldn't go as far as to say the best.

The recording and production IS excellent and probably the best done recording in all of recent history.

Problem: because they didn't feel like shipping the master tape around they had it transferred to digital, and the record was cut from the hi-rez files - the same ones included on USB. So I mean like, you might as well play it back from that for the absolute best sound currently available. The vinyl is cool and all but adds nothing but nostalgia to the experience.

Improvement 1 (small): do an ALL analog cut. Will most people notice/care? No. Would it be an improvement to some extent over the existing release? You betcha.

Improvement 2 (vast): do the above and have it spread out as a 45RPM 4LP... It would be like a lot of classic disco singles released in the 12" format, and the thought of how fucking good this would sound makes my mouth water.

It sounds pretty good, in fact - really good, but I wouldn't go as far as to say the best.

The recording and production IS excellent and probably the best done recording in all of recent history.

Problem: because they didn't feel like shipping the master tape around they had it transferred to digital, and the record was cut from the hi-rez files - the same ones included on USB. So I mean like, you might as well play it back from that for the absolute best sound currently available. The vinyl is cool and all but adds nothing but nostalgia to the experience.

Improvement 1 (small): do an ALL analog cut. Will most people notice/care? No. Would it be an improvement to some extent over the existing release? You betcha.

Improvement 2 (vast): do the above and have it spread out as a 45RPM 4LP... It would be like a lot of classic disco singles released in the 12" format, and the thought of how fucking good this would sound makes my mouth water.

So would an EU press have come from the master tape, making it sound more true?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...