PO: Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

I don't know anything about that dude's video series or anything.  And he seemed to do a good job with the video (especially the camera locations and editing).

That said, I can't believe someone would drop that kinda dough on something and they don't even know what's inside.  That's just nuts.  And LOLZ at his repeated use of 'vinyl(s)'. 

EDITED: Also, LOLZ at the board auto-correcting vinyl(s) into vinyl for me.  I forgot it did that.

I thought he only said "vin-yuls" once? For someone totally new to the format, I think he did okay. Handled the records pretty well, and he bought himself a Pro-Ject... the only problem I saw is that he kind of stuffed the A/B disc back into the gatefold which made it bubble outward at the end.

I do agree that he may have been foolish to spend that much money, but maybe he is sponsored or suffers from "affluenza" and doesn't realize the consequences of his actions. :^)

• 1 month later...
  • 8 years later...

daft punk broke up on feb 22nd in 2021. on feb 22, 2022 they announced the Homework reissue. and feb 22, 2023 (today) they announced this RAM reissue.

i'm assuming it's because 2/22... and they are a duo. but i'm pretending it's because it's my birthday (for real lol)

1 hour ago, porkdad said:

daft punk broke up on feb 22nd in 2021. on feb 22, 2022 they announced the Homework reissue. and feb 22, 2023 (today) they announced this RAM reissue.

i'm assuming it's because 2/22... and they are a duo. but i'm pretending it's because it's my birthday (for real lol)

Dude mine too!  Happy birthday!

• 7 months later...

fucking excited as shit for this 

The 10th anniversary celebration of Daft Punk’s album Random Access Memories continues with Random Access Memories (Drumless Edition).

Following the release of the critically acclaimed Random Access Memories 10th Anniversary Edition earlier this year, this new iteration of the GRAMMY-award winning Album of the Year strips away all drum and percussive elements from the album. Doing so brings out a timeless quality to the album, giving listeners the ability to dive deeper into the layers of each track. 

Random Access Memories (Drumless edition) 
vinyl includes a 2LP gatefold + 8 page booklet.

This item is a preorder and will ship for a street date of November 17th, 2023. 

2-LP Track List

Side 1 

1. Give Life Back To Music (Drumless Edition) 
  2. The Game Of Love (Drumless Edition) 
  3. Giorgio By Moroder (Drumless Edition) 

Side 2

1. Within (Drumless Edition) 
  2. Instant Crush (Drumless Edition) (feat. Julian Casablancas)
  3. Lose Yourself To Dance (Drumless Edition) (feat. Pharrell Williams)

Side 3

1. Touch (Drumless Edition) (feat. Paul Williams)
  2. Get Lucky (Drumless Edition) (feat. Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers)
  3. Beyond (Drumless Edition)

Side 4

1. Motherboard (Drumless Edition)
  2. Fragments Of Time (Drumless Edition) (feat. Todd Edwards)
  3. Doin’ It Right (Drumless Edition) (feat. Panda Bear)
  4. Contact (Drumless Edition) 

https://daftpunk.lnk.to/drumless12vinyl

https://a.co/d/4TBkK2M

Intriguing. I still occasionally listen to Chromatics Kill For Love drumless version and really enjoy it. It's been awhile but I seem to recall some songs are more than just drums removed (i.e. other slight edits to the songs), but I may be misremembering that. Curious to see what this release is like.