PO: Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

I'd have to agree with Timbrh2001 on that line up. Only 2 bands I'd even be remotely interested in seeing. I can see how some people would like it. Don't really see anything "incredible" on it though.

I like Oneohtrix Point Never, Godspeed and Tim Hecker but everything else was worthless to me. That's probably enough for me to have gone if I lived in the area and didn't hate festivals though. I don't really know who is playing this year and could care less.

i just think it's bullshit the way people trash on pitchfork. not to be repetitive, but people consider all their content to be hipster garbage. when really, they cover a wide variety of progressive music that has real artistic merit.

unlike a site such as.. oh, i don't know.. absolutepunk? who has been covering the same exact thing since the day it started. 

but like tellallyourfriends said... if you need to read a review to decide if an album is worth listening to, you're doing it so terribly wrong.

i just think it's bullshit the way people trash on pitchfork. not to be repetitive, but people consider all their content to be hipster garbage. when really, they cover a wide variety of progressive music that has real artistic merit.

unlike a site such as.. oh, i don't know.. absolutepunk? who has been covering the same exact thing since the day it started. 

but like tellallyourfriends said... if you need to read a review to decide if an album is worth listening to, you're doing it so terribly wrong.

http://pitchfork.com/features/staff-lists/9015-the-top-100-tracks-of-2012/11/

Not really either. I think their writers are pretty stupid which is what I was getting at. When they aren't hyping Grimes or Frank Ocean, they are writing about themselves ("this reissue rules because I was listening to this album back in high school and it brings back memories" kind of crap). I'm indifferent about Pitchfork altogether though. I've found out about a couple tours I would have missed otherwise so no hate or anything.

I would fail hard as a music reviewer so yeah, they are doing a hell of a lot better than I would.

to be honest, i get way more out of that site just by following 'best new music' than actually reading the reviews. and the ones that i do read are just for the albums that i'm reeeeaaally into.

but really, take a look at that list of artists that bronchitis posted- you're not going to see a spread like that in many places.

and as far as RAM goes, i have to actively not listen to the album at this point so i don't wear it out. half time i've spent listening to music in the last week all i can think is "oh man, this isn't nearly as good as fragments of time.."

to be honest, i get way more out of that site just by following 'best new music' than actually reading the reviews. and the ones that i do read are just for the albums that i'm reeeeaaally into.

but really, take a look at that list of artists that bronchitis posted- you're not going to see a spread like that in many places.

This.

That list is filled (not all but probably over 1/2) with hot garbage in regards to my musical tastes so yeah, you can see why Ive never cared much for their opinions on music.

I used to be a pretty consistent Pitchfork reader when they first started their blahg. I just started seeing too many consistent trends where our musical tastes just didn't match for the most part so I stopped reading altogether. Im sure its a nice avenue to discover new music but I've got a ton of other online resources that are gonna point me in new music directions that are gonna suit me better anyways.