PO: Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

you're so much better off spending the extra $3 on amazon..

it is $39 on amazon (plus tax for me in California), so i saved about $14 by buying it from Go Hastings.

i have only received one record from Go Hastings that was shipped in a bubble mailer. over the last 6+ months they have either been in their mailers (which are not great, but they work) or a large box (old amazon style). i have had one damaged record in about 30 that i have purchased from Go Hastings.

Hastings has always shipped in the same hassle-free packaging as Amazon for me. A few people have received stuff in large boxes or bubble mailers from them before and they always make a point to be vocal about it whenever someone orders from Hastings, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. Not much of a hassle to exchange with a big company like Hastings if your record arrives damaged.

There were tons of copies of this at Amoeba Hollywood today. $36.95, though, yikes! I'll stick with the 24bit/88.2 kHz studio masters for now. Hopefully this will be in print forever like Discovery and I'll be able to snag it on some kind of sale later.

Didn't Vampire Weekend just set the Soundscan record for most records (vinyl) sold in a week?

Possible Daft Punk will break it.... although our store sold out in a day and can't get more copies for a while. (Backordered.) Same issue with The National, but additional stock showed up on Thursday. So The National is gonna have more first-week sales for us, simply by virtue of their distributor not dropping the ball.  :)

Didn't Vampire Weekend just set the Soundscan record for most records (vinyl) sold in a week?

Possible Daft Punk will break it.... although our store sold out in a day and can't get more copies for a while. (Backordered.) Same issue with The National, but additional stock showed up on Thursday. So The National is gonna have more first-week sales for us, simply by virtue of their distributor not dropping the ball.  :)

didn't know that about VW, great record, you have a link to that article? 

The local stores near me  got like 10 RAM copies each, never seen that much of a vinyl order, only the store that sold it at $39.99 didn't sell out

I don't see this going OOP anytime soon. Discovery has been easily available for years now, Homework too since coming back into print recently. (Also Daft Club for what it's worth, which ain't much.)

Only tricky ones to get are Human After All (although isn't this being repressed overseas?) and TRON, of course. 

Anyone else wish they would put Musique (the greatest hits) out on wax? Aside from a few annoying radio edits, this comp has nearly all the songs I really want from both Homework and Human.

Hastings has always shipped in the same hassle-free packaging as Amazon for me. A few people have received stuff in large boxes or bubble mailers from them before and they always make a point to be vocal about it whenever someone orders from Hastings, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. Not much of a hassle to exchange with a big company like Hastings if your record arrives damaged.

There were tons of copies of this at Amoeba Hollywood today. $36.95, though, yikes! I'll stick with the 24bit/88.2 kHz studio masters for now. Hopefully this will be in print forever like Discovery and I'll be able to snag it on some kind of sale later.

37 bucks? wow fuck that

RAM will be like Discovery and Homework aka. Always in print and easy to find

And I'm thinking RAM is going to be the highest selling vinyl new vinyl in a long time

how could you possibly know that? discovery and homework were out on virgin and out of print for a long while until fairly recently. RAM is their first record for columbia. 

Finally got around to listening to this and I absolutely love how mellow it is, especially tracks like "Game Of Love" and "Beyond". I know some people are upset about the lack of house elements, but I'm definitely enjoying the disco feel to this and the incorporation of more live instrumentation.

Finally got around to listening to this and I absolutely love how mellow it is, especially tracks like "Game Of Love" and "Beyond". I know some people are upset about the lack of house elements, but I'm definitely enjoying the disco feel to this and the incorporation of more live instrumentation.

It's dope. Anyone who says otherwise has shit taste.

Get Lucky 12" single is up for preorder, shipping around 16th of July

1: Daft Punk Remix

2: Album Version

3: Radio Edit

Really excited to hear this 10 minute(!) daft punk remix

US Preorder 

http://www.insound.com/Get-Lucky-Vinyl-12inch-Daft-Punk/P/INS119995/

UK Preorder

http://www.banquetrecords.com/88883746911

Get Lucky 12" single is up for preorder, shipping around 16th of July

1: Daft Punk Remix

2: Album Version

3: Radio Edit

Really excited to hear this 10 minute(!) daft punk remix

US Preorder 

http://www.insound.com/Get-Lucky-Vinyl-12inch-Daft-Punk/P/INS119995/

UK Preorder

http://www.banquetrecords.com/88883746911

Hell yeah.  I can't wait until they put out the entire RAM - Remixes album!

I don't see this going OOP anytime soon. Discovery has been easily available for years now, Homework too since coming back into print recently. (Also Daft Club for what it's worth, which ain't much.)

Only tricky ones to get are Human After All (although isn't this being repressed overseas?) and TRON, of course. 

Anyone else wish they would put Musique (the greatest hits) out on wax? Aside from a few annoying radio edits, this comp has nearly all the songs I really want from both Homework and Human.

again... discovery, homework, and human are all virgin. tron is disney. RAM is columbia. so using prior albums put out by other labels to gauge how long this one will be in print doesn't make sense. if it stays in print or doesn't stay in print it'll be for different reasons, and guessing is pointless.