Taking Back Sunday - Where You Want To Be...new pressing

Originally said I wouldn't get this but I caved and snagged a Tan. Arrived in great shape without any corner dings or seam splits. The sound quality is what really surprised me though... My copy sounds quite good. 

the colors in my tan are mixed poorly... i was expected a clean tan color. with that said, the resulting tan splatter nonsense that arrived was really awesome looking, and also surprisingly good sounding.

the colors in my tan are mixed poorly... i was expected a clean tan color. with that said, the resulting tan splatter nonsense that arrived was really awesome looking, and also surprisingly good sounding.

It's almost like some sort of pastel rainbow splatter; preeettty pretttyyy pretttyyyy pretty good looking. Glad you got a nice sounding record too. 

The clear/black smokey variants from victory never entice me. I know they are I guess their signature variant but they rarely match the album. I ordered the tan as well and while a pure tan that matches the album would've been cool the rainbow splatter on the beige-tan was quite nice. The album even sounds better than my green and finally has a full jacket and insert. Glad I bought this as it was at good price and prompted me to get something else I really wanted.

Got mine today, sounds alright.  No worse than the cd.  Most of the music from this era that came from Victory had a lot to desire in the mastering department. 

Another example... Tell All Your Friends is a good album, but I can't stand to listen to it anymore because of the poor quality.  There is a high frequency (about 16kHz) that rings in the background of most of the vocals.  Once you notice it, it never goes away.

There is a high frequency (about 16kHz) that rings in the background of most of the vocals.  Once you notice it, it never goes away.

i started to hear it too recently. it's kind of disappointing. i don't have great headphones though so i really only hear it when i play the music loud enough. but yeah, i don't know how people looked past it before.

• 4 weeks later...