Warped Tour 2013

I want to go. I havent been in a few years. i believe the last one I went to was 08. Im pissed though that The Used, Billy Talent, Mixtapes, and The Aquabats will not be at the "Cleveland" date.

I have a hard time understanding the mentality from the people that stopped going in 2002. The 2004 lineup was very similar to the 2002 one. Why did you stop, because it wasn't the lineup.

Here are bands that played 2002 and 2004

Alkaline Trio

Allister

Anti Flag

Avenged Sevenfold

Bad Religion

The Casulaties

The Early November (that is weird aren't they on this year's lineup)

Flogging Molly

From Autum To Ashes

Guttermouth

Motion City Soundtrack (that is weird aren't they on this year's lineup)

New Found Glory

Nofx

Senses Fail

Thursday

Tiger Army

The Used (that is weird aren't they on this year's lineup)

Yellowcard

this.

Wow, Hawthorne Heights are still a band and people still get stoked on them. That's actually kinda sad isn't it. Unless you're a girl in your mid-20s and you listened to them when you were a teenager.

Wow you're so cool for your negative input. Yeah I like Hawthorne Heights, no I'm not a girl in my mid 20's and so what if I did like em when I was a teen?. I liked there stuff before their band member died much more than I like there stuff after his death. So you get jollies over putting other people down for their taste in music? THAT'S sad.

There's about 2 or 3 bands I actually care about seeing. This years lineup is so aimed toward that new metalcore/post-hardcore shit it's ridiculous. I've gone the past 4 years and this might be a year I'll skip.

The metal-core thing has been a part of warped tour for about 4 years. That is not new.

went once in 2005 and was bribed into going in 2007. one of the guys I was with (stupidly) threw a bottle and hit a girl in the head. her boyfriend came over, large brawl ensued. someone’s hair extensions got ripped out. never again.

went once in 2005 and was bribed into going in 2007. one of the guys I was with (stupidly) threw a bottle and hit a girl in the head. her boyfriend came over, large brawl ensued. someone’s hair extensions got ripped out. never again.

Sounds like your problem was hanging out with douches and not Warped Tour itself.

You guys think I'd get shit from security/staff if I went to the parking lot of the nearest Warped to me and sold records? Like set up a table out of the back of a car?

I don't think so. There's always dudes outside by the lines and stuff trying to sell music or sunglasses, bottles, etc etc. I haven't seen any of them get into trouble, that I know of at least. But you should be good

You guys think I'd get shit from security/staff if I went to the parking lot of the nearest Warped to me and sold records? Like set up a table out of the back of a car?

You could try to see if they will let you be a vendor in the venue. Or else you could try your plan and if you get shut down, oh well, you tried.

Or if you have an in with any band see if maybe they will let you split their table.

SAVES THE DAY.

Bosstones.

Strike Anywhere

Anti-Flag

No Doubt

The Unseen

Alkaline Trio

Pennywise

Brand New

The Vandals

The Code

The AKA's

River City Rebels

Rise Against

The Get Up Kids

Flogging Molly

Against Me!

Im sure you can find the line ups.

but i havent been to a warped tour since 2004, and im perfectly happy with that decision.

That's a very solid lineup. I did '04 and '05. There's always just enough every year for me to go "should I see this?" But then I tell myself no.

We took a break for a few years, but my wife and I have been going for the last 3 or 4 years not specifically because we're attracted to a lot of the bands its just kind of a fun day to walk around and maybe catch a few bands we know and like and then the rest just walking around "being like were we like this when we were younger" and catching other bands we don't really know.

You could try to see if they will let you be a vendor in the venue. Or else you could try your plan and if you get shut down, oh well, you tried.

Or if you have an in with any band see if maybe they will let you split their table.

Yeah the vending applications are closed for the year, I missed the deadline. I'll probably just wing it.

Excited for the ska lineup this year, and I'm glad my closest venue is large enough for the stages to be far apart enough that I don't have to hear two different sets of double bass drums/screaming at any given point in time. I also don't get why people think the tour is a waste now, honestly if you can find 3-4 bands you enjoy it seems worth the $40 imo. Go with friends, bring a backpack stuffed with water bottles and $1 menu cheeseburgers, enjoy.

letlive.

Defeater (Alcoa)

The Story So Far

Stick To Your Guns

The Wonder Years

Mac Lethal

Psycho White

and a couple more..

Always worth it if I can check out 3 or 4 bands I want to see, and discover some new stuff. If it weren't for Warped I wouldn't have discovered P.O.S (which led me to more), Bad Rabbits, and some more bands I've got into the last 5 or 6 years. Since 2007 I've been to 4 Warped Tours. Always a good time in Chula Vista - perfect weather and good music.

I remember Randall's Island parking lot was always chock full of hoodrats slinging phony shirts & such. Just be a hoodrat.

• 2 months later...

I went last year for the first time since 01? My brother was working with a band so my Dad (ha) and I went together to hang with him. It took me about 15 minutes to want to leave at least I saw Chuck Regan in the accoustic tent.  I had the cool dude all access pass and I spent most of my time in the shade drinking beer. I don't know whats cool anymore.