PO: The Front Bottoms - Talon of the Hawk - Out 5/21/2013 via Bar/None

Gotta admit I'm not really at all familiar with their music but people at the brand new show seemed to really dig it so I guess it can't be bad. Picked up this LP at their merch table, have yet to spin it. Seems likable, if not really particularly my kinda thing, but I'm excited to really check the songs out.

is this still the Coke Bottle Clear variant?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 years later...
2 hours ago, Rip said:

So there’s nothing special about this other than a worse looking version of the artwork?  I expected there to be a bonus track or 2 at least

They did a similar barebones reissue for the Self-Titled record back in 2021. A few new colors and a picture disc, no new music or demos or anything.

17 hours ago, oldmanmcgenty said:

So this is about when I started collecting vinyl. Seeing this made me giggle when I looked at my current preorder folder. 

Username checks out.

While $19 absolutely does not get you what it did a decade ago, vinyl or not, I will say that vinyl MSRP has really flown off the handle in recent years especially.  I almost shed a singular tear the other day, when I stumbled across an invoice for a 2014 press of Isis’ Oceanic – 2 LPs, thick gatefold and inner sleeves – for about $22 in total.  Easily a $40 order out the door, today.