81 members have voted

1. 1. Chipotle vs. Moes

• Chipotle
    • Moes
  2. 2. Burrito vs. Bowl

• Burrito
    • Bowl
    • I get tacos because I'm a loser and only like things that are uncool

I've been to the Surf Taco in Jackson several times! I love it. Rivals Chipotle in my opinion...even surpasses it in some aspects (free chips, the amazing salsas)

Nice! I've never been to the Jackson one. I'm from Point Pleasant so I frequent the one in Point Beach.

I end up buying a pint of the mild salsa every time I'm there, haha.

APPARENTLY chipotle is owned by someone who used to work at qduoba and thought they could do it better.  their burritos are pretty similar if you ask me.  the couple times i've been to moe's i was only impressed because it was different from qdoba and chipotle.

surf taco is pretty awesome.  i make it a point to stop there when i'm in or passing through PP.

up in north jersey, there's a small chain called Tinga Taqueria.  it blows everything else out of the water.  the burritos are massive, they are super liberal with the guac, and give free chips / salsa with every meal.  i go so often, the people who work there don't even ask me what i want anymore.

I've only ever had Moe's once and I wasn't impressed by it.  I prefer Chipotle out of the two.

My favorite places to have Mexican food are these local joints in my hometown - Surf Taco & Bubbakoos. Anyone from the Jersey shore go to either of those places?

Surf Taco is the best. I was so happy I got to try it when I was in Red Bank last year. 

moe's is so bland and gross.  the salsa to add is on a bar after you've had the burrito made.  completely backwards.  put the salsa IN the burrito, chumps.

Chipotle > Qudoba > Taco Bell > Moe's

The salsa is for the free chips you get with the meal. -_-

And you can ask to put that salsa in the burrito, I know because I work there.

And it can suck sometimes, but that's because It's really easy to fuck up your order if you put all the fucking ingredients it the burrito/taco/whatever without even thinking about it. But it can be good as hell if you do it right.

But yeah,

Moes. Because I work there, and I eat there like 3 times a week.

the worst thing chipotle does it mix onions and peppers.  The peppers are awful, and I only get them when there are majority of onions.

I had Moes after posting here to get a better argument.  Their guacamole is fucking awful.  Not to mention you get a teaspoon worth.  It was cool that you could get more for only $1, but meh.

The mushrooms and onions are good and the tofu was surprisingly good.  I still don't think tofu belongs in a burrito, but in a bowl it was totally yummy.  They also don't give enough of anything, which was so silly.  

Moe's chips suck, and their salsa's were mediocre.

I could see myself having Moe's every now and then, but I couldn't eat it nearly as much as I do Chipotle.  Plus it was way more expensive.