Gaslight Anthem - Singles Collection: 2008-2011 - Box Set

jerseypride, on 09 Apr 2013 - 12:13, said:

yeah. I think that was either a joke or a typo. S1D hasn't announced pressing info yet.

gotcha. i could care less about having the rarest, so i'm satisfied.

also, since we have a lot of lurkers, i will self advertise.

if anyone wants, 59 sound 7" (black), sink or swim demos 7" (orange), and the tumblin' dice 7" (black), i am currently selling! all first presses

This makes me want to get 59 sound/american slang on blood red vinyl, just to match. Is it safe to assume somewhere down the line Handwritten will be repressed on blood red vinyl? Senor and the queen? Is that too much blood on the vinyl?

Handwritten was put out by a different record company, I don't know that they'd do it. 

Also - the pressing info I posted was posted in jest. Apologies...

Handwritten was put out by a different record company, I don't know that they'd do it. 

Also - the pressing info I posted was posted in jest. Apologies...

I know it was put out by Mercury, and doubt it'd be repressed, but you know, for the sake of the "too much blood" joke. Haha. 

Caved...

Me too. Made separate orders for the set and for both 59/AS on blood red.

Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif

hows that one saying go? obvious troll is obvious?

Nah man.  Im for real.  I've been fucked over and less than satisfied with many labels and distros, but SRC has always done right by me.  

When they were newer, I had placed a large order that was going to cost $35.00 to ship.  They dropped it off to me on the way to their drive to a vacation just to be cool.  I didn't use them for a while after that as their prices weren't competitive for canadian shipping compared to buying from lablels direct.  I recently bought a few orders from them after USPS hiked their rates.  They messed up an order and sent me the wrong LP, which they let me keep and apologized. They also contacted me (no effort on my part) about combining shipping on orders and refunded me $17 which was pretty cool of them.

I know a lot of people give SRC shit here for various reasons.  The store credit only on preorder refunds was just one of the many reasons.  Lack of artist support for some of their reissues and their spat with InVinylWeTrust were some others. For the most part, I think they do a good job for which they dont often get enough credit for here.  People say they want the punk rock anti-commercial practices of a small distro but then they jump ship as soon as amazon offers it for two dollars cheaper.  I feel SRC offers a nice blend of the two (like Virgil did but in an economically sustainable manner) and they try to make the customer experience fun for the most part (who cares if they sell RSD titles, my local RSD salesman is an asshole and I hope his brick and mortar store closes).

I hope this trolling is a little less obvious.

cside, on 11 Apr 2013 - 09:45, said:

Nah man. Im for real. I've been fucked over and less than satisfied with many labels and distros, but SRC has always done right by me.

When they were newer, I had placed a large order that was going to cost $35.00 to ship. They dropped it off to me on the way to their drive to a vacation just to be cool. I didn't use them for a while after that as their prices weren't competitive for canadian shipping compared to buying from lablels direct. I recently bought a few orders from them after USPS hiked their rates. They messed up an order and sent me the wrong LP, which they let me keep and apologized. They also contacted me (no effort on my part) about combining shipping on orders and refunded me $17 which was pretty cool of them.

I know a lot of people give SRC shit here for various reasons. The store credit only on preorder refunds was just one of the many reasons. Lack of artist support for some of their reissues and their spat with InVinylWeTrust were some others. For the most part, I think they do a good job for which they dont often get enough credit for here. People say they want the punk rock anti-commercial practices of a small distro but then they jump ship as soon as amazon offers it for two dollars cheaper. I feel SRC offers a nice blend of the two (like Virgil did but in an economically sustainable manner) and they try to make the customer experience fun for the most part (who cares if they sell RSD titles, my local RSD salesman is an asshole and I hope his brick and mortar store closes).

I hope this trolling is a little less obvious.

obviously not a troll, obvious src bot is obvious!

just playing. glad you have had great experiences with them, maybe they are more kinder to the canadian folk, but with me, the two times i have had issues with them they have been reluctant to response, usually about a month per issue/complaint (and that includes making them aware here, email, phone line, and facebook). i'll pm you my other 2 cents about them because it would be really off topic in this thread.

that is really awesome of them about helping you out with shipping.

cside, on 11 Apr 2013 - 09:49, said:

On a more on topic note. I thought this release was terribly indulgent, overpriced and unnecessary. And then they were like....there's more, and listed an /500 color variant. I caved. I have a problem. I see how The Shopping Channel stays in business.

i think its a great way to cap off their sideonedummy years and for me, i know i play all of those acoustic sessions on my ipod, so i'm glad to have them on vinyl, makes those days a little more complete for me now. the price is pretty fair in my eyes, you are getting 9 7" and a really nice box to go with it. it also helps that i just sold my 59 sound 7", tumblin' dice 7", and sos demos 7" to help from feeling like the cost was waited at all.

There wasn't a bait and switch. Other distros jumped the gun and they offered what they had before SideOneDummy announced the damn thing and put it in the store. S1D almost always has a colored variant, so I dont' know what else you were expecting.

I wasn't saying there was a bait and switch.  S1D have always been cool in my books. I was just explaining my reasons for buying it.  Pure impulse.  From a collector's standpoint this release is pretty cool and the cost is understandable when you look at what it costs to make it.  A 2XLP would have been much cheaper and got way more play though.

obviously not a troll, obvious src bot is obvious!

just playing. glad you have had great experiences with them, maybe they are more kinder to the canadian folk, but with me, the two times i have had issues with them they have been reluctant to response, usually about a month per issue/complaint (and that includes making them aware here, email, phone line, and facebook). i'll pm you my other 2 cents about them because it would be really off topic in this thread.

that is really awesome of them about helping you out with shipping.

i think its a great way to cap off their sideonedummy years and for me, i know i play all of those acoustic sessions on my ipod, so i'm glad to have them on vinyl, makes those days a little more complete for me now. the price is pretty fair in my eyes, you are getting 9 7" and a really nice box to go with it. it also helps that i just sold my 59 sound 7", tumblin' dice 7", and sos demos 7" to help from feeling like the cost was waited at all.

I responded to your PM.  You seem like a decent guy and I respect your opinion.  I'll be sure to stay away from any SRC4LIFE promos just in case.

collectivemike

Posted Today, 03:15 PM

I purposefully missed out on the blood red... and now I'm FURIOUS about it

As would have  I.  Part of the problem.

I wasn't saying there was a bait and switch.  S1D have always been cool in my books. I was just explaining my reasons for buying it.  Pure impulse.  From a collector's standpoint this release is pretty cool and the cost is understandable when you look at what it costs to make it.  A 2XLP would have been much cheaper and got way more play though.

a 2xlp would of been awesome. a lot of times i get on a acoustic gaslight streak, so having those all together and not having to shuffle through all the 7"s would been nice

Singles

Side A

The 59 Sound

Old White Lincoln

Great Expectations

American Slang

Side B

Boxer

Diamond Street Choir

Stay Lucky 

Spirit of the Jazz

Acoustic & Bsides 

Side C

State of Love and Trust (Live at Webster Hall)

The '59 Sound (Acoustic on KEXP)

Great Expectations (Acoustic on KEXP)

American Slang (Acoustic) 

Boxer (Acoustic)

Side D

Antonia Jane (acoustic on KEXP)

The Queen of Lower Chelsea (acoustic)

Once Upon a Time

She Loves You

Tumblin' Dice