HELP: Discogs Submissions

• 7 years later...

Sorry to bump an old topic, but I didn’t want to start a new thread.

Does anyone have any insight on adding a mispress/misprint to Discogs?

I recently acquired what should be a 1996 pressing of Rage Against The Machine’s Evil Empire. The cover and inner printed sleeve match the original pressing. The actual LP is the 1992 self-titled pressing with matching runouts. However, the Side 1 label is Evil Empire and Side 2 is self-titled.

Would this be classified as a "Mispress" or "Misprint"? (Seeing as how it has an incorrect label and it was a '92 self-titled pressing in a '96 Evil Empire cover, I am guessing it is a misprint. Correct me if I am wrong.)

Would this be listed under Evil Empire master list?

For the tracklist, do I enter what the actual tracks are (self-titled) OR do I enter what the Side 1 & 2 labels read?

The Discogs submission guidelines reads like a fucking Terms of Service, so I gave up there. Anyone have any pointers for what I should or should not enter for this release listing?

Edited by angryalan

8 minutes ago, craigeduk said:

Looks like there maybe some version of this listed, has RATM with EE labels https://www.discogs.com/Rage-Against-The-Machine-Rage-Against-The-Machine/release/9969354

No clue how I missed that entry. The barcode listed there doesn't match mine though.

My concern is that my copy has the EE cover and inner sleeve, not the self-titled cover, so would it be listed under the Evil Empire master list.

What information presides when making an entry? The cover barcode number, the runouts, or the LP labels? I'm still a little confused.

Just now, angryalan said:

No clue how I missed that entry. The barcode listed there doesn't match mine though.

My concern is that my copy has the EE cover and inner sleeve, not the self-titled cover, so would it be listed under the Evil Empire master list.

What information presides when making an entry? The cover barcode number, the runouts, or the LP labels? I'm still a little confused.

Ah in that case yes list under EE,  include all the matrix ect as it appears on the one you have but put the tracklist as it plays (RATM), then just make clear in the notes that packaged as EE but plays RATM