Late Night Albums

I'm on Spring break right now and staying up late listening to music is one of my favorite things. Usually when I'm on break from teaching this is what I do. I find myself liking different types of music late at night. I wanna hear about your late night albums, anything I should look into? It's usually something very chill like Explosions in the Sky, If These Trees Could Talk et. etc. 

Right now I have on Thrice's Alchemy Index, playing the C/D (Water) it's without a doubt one of the best late night albums.

n4zd5.jpg

usually because its late, i put on the more mellow stuff. its usually some sort of reggae or 311, you have it low enough and can just hear the bass lines with a little bit of everything else, make sense? haha, i suck at describing things. i also live on the 3rd floor and im considerate of my neighbors below me. dont think they wanna hear rage or primus funkin out at 3am

usually because its late, i put on the more mellow stuff. its usually some sort of reggae or 311, you have it low enough and can just hear the bass lines with a little bit of everything else, make sense? haha, i suck at describing things. i also live on the 3rd floor and im considerate of my neighbors below me. dont think they wanna hear rage or primus funkin out at 3am

HAHAHA na I get you! I'm on the first and I play enough music during the day to not want my neighbors to kill me at 1:30 am

I'm a teacher too... just finished spring break.  Miss it!

Anyways, a band I would recomend for late night is JJ.  I have both no. 2 & 3 on vinyl and they sound amazing.  Kinda chilled out, reggae influenced pop.

Also, their mix tape "Kills" (which samples a ton of modern hip-hop) is awesome.  But not available on vinyl (as far as I know). 

I only listen to my vinylz with headphones so I have no worries about neighbors, but I listen to just about anything at night...recently I have been listening to Church Whip's "Psychedelic Nightmare" LP and Wet Hair's "Spill Into Atmosphere" LP.

am I the only one who listens to more heavy/fast music late at night?  I tend to regress from pop punk and ~mellow stuff in the day to the emo and rock/metal bands that I listened to in undergrad at night... that said, I tend to work from 7pm to ~3am, so I look to faster music to keep me awake/energized instead of finding music to put my asleep

as for a more mellow album that I can listen to whenever, heavens "patent pending" usually does the trick