Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Lets Face it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

So last night at the Throwdown, the Bosstones were selling sealed red 1st press copies of Let's Face It for $30.  I picked it up because a ) I thought it would be fun to own a 1st press and b ) to see if my ear could tell the difference between an analog master and a digital master.  So the record is...uh...super warped.  By far the worst warping I have seen in my short time spinning records.  That said, it still seems to play on my Debut Carbon, I dunno if I have the tracking force wicked heavy or not because I don't have a gauge.  What kind of damage can be done to a system by playing a heavily warped record?  

Tonight they had a sign saying all copies are warped because they've been sitting in a box somewhere for like 16 years. I would've bought one otherwise but not for $30.

I did however pick up the rascal king and impression that I get 7"'s because they are cool as shit and I haven't seen them too often.

The show was incredible by the way, like always.

I took it to the show tonight and they gave me my money back. They even let me open another one and while it looked a lot better, buyers remorse had set in and I'm fine with the Asbestos version. Merch guys were really cool about the whole thing.

And yes, kyacrash, I agree, tonight was excellent. Last night was excellent. Two nights ago was excellent. I love the Throwdown. My favorite part of the year.

This is kind of unrelated, but I figured I would throw it out there since this is a Bosstones thread-

Is there any chance that Question the Answers would ever get pressed? That's definitely my favorite.

Pure speculation on my part, but Flood (Asbestos Records) was talking about how when he was was trying to repress Let's Face It, they determined that the original master and artwork and everything was gone/misplaced/lost, so I wouldn't be surprised if the other Mercury albums from that era have disappeared as well.  That said, I suppose it doesn't preclude a repress using a digital master.  

I think by this point the Bosstones would be ripe candidates for a full discography box set.  I'd buy two!