Lean
Book of Love
I Will Steal You Back
Please Say No
How’d You Have Me
No, Never
Byebyelove
You Were Good

Edit: As per Property of Zack, it is being reported that the band has signed to RCA Records for this release.

Edit 2: Here is the first interview regarding the new record: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/jimmy-eat-worlds-next-album-an-adult-breakup-record-20130403

Clarity-Chase This Light I can really get behind.I didn't even know they had an album after that. Is Invented any good?

Yes.

I'm biased because they're my favorite band.  But I think that Invented is definitely a grower for most people.  It's completely stripped down, goes in the opposite direction as Chase This Light (which was their intention), and it's kind of raw. It showcases the band in a more vulnerable way.  If you go from really wanting to hear something hard hitting like Bleed American, you probably won't enjoy it all that much.

I dug it from the second I heard it, though.

Clarity-Chase This Light I can really get behind.I didn't even know they had an album after that. Is Invented any good?

I always felt like Invented has some of their best songs in their entire catalogue. 'The Heart is Heart to Find', 'Mixtape', and particularly 'Invented' (the song) I would put among the best things they've ever done. Then there were some others a step down from that and then some real filler crap on there too. Uneven, but at it's high points, still JEW at it's best.

I'm going to be that guy and echo a lot of sentiments posted here.  By no means should it detract from anyone else's ability to enjoy the band or be stoked on this release, but I've got to say that I have zero expectations for pretty much any of JEW's material from here on out.  Chase This Light has its moments, and I did end eventually warm up to it.  But Invented was a forgettable train-wreck, for me, and even after many attempts it simply fails to appeal on any level.  It's maybe one of two or three pre-orders [of the countless I've done] that I've ended up regretting.  But such is life.  Futures and everything before it are classics in my book, and I thoroughly enjoy spinning them from time to time.  But I feel like my respect for the band will be kept more intact if I steer clear of their releases from here on out.  Just not for me.

That being said, I received a bonus 7" with my copy of Invented.  It's honestly got the worst packaging I've seen on a 7", ever, but it's unplayed and of zero value to me.  It's for "My Best Theory" and "Stop".  Does anyone want it?  Literally just looking for the cost of shipping.  I have no use for it whatsoever, and I'd like to see it go to a fan who can at least appreciate it.

Oh, and regardless of your stance on the band and their current direction, you've got to admit that that's one weak album cover.  It reminds me of the kids in high school who'd half-ass their Adobe Illustrator homework the morning that it was due.

I always felt like Invented has some of their best songs in their entire catalogue. 'The Heart is Heart to Find', 'Mixtape', and particularly 'Invented' (the song) I would put among the best things they've ever done. Then there were some others a step down from that and then some real filler crap on there too. Uneven, but at it's high points, still JEW at it's best.

I'll listen to those tracks. Thanks.

i didn't enjoy invented at all. then again i had a hard time with futures too. loved chase this light, tho.

i think we've done this before, but my jew preference is as follows:

static

clarity

chase this light

bleed

futures

invented

edit:

still down own Chase on vinyl if anyone wants to throw me one for cheap.

Oh, and regardless of your stance on the band and their current direction, you've got to admit that that's one weak album cover.  It reminds me of the kids in high school who'd half-ass their Adobe Illustrator homework the morning that it was due.

I would like to take this time to go in the other direction of this statement.  I was pleased with the themes of Invented and the connections that were made between them, the songs, and the artwork.

I'm not sure if I'm echoing things that everyone here already knows, but here's the background on the artwork:

"Adkins, a well-known photography nut – constructed the album’s lyrics under the influence of two photo books: Cindy Sherman’s  “Completely Untitled Film Still” series and Hannah Starkey’s “Photographs 1997-2007”. He built a fictional back story around pictures that particularly grabbed his eye, fictionalizing characters through a method known as object writing. As a result of the photographic subjects, the majority of the album’s narration arrives from a female point of view, allowing Adkins the freedom to explore unfamiliar perspectives."

The album art and the spread that covered the liner notes were all based around the works of Cindy Sherman and Hannah Starkey and subsequently followed the themes in the songs.

I'm going to be that guy and echo a lot of sentiments posted here.  By no means should it detract from anyone else's ability to enjoy the band or be stoked on this release, but I've got to say that I have zero expectations for pretty much any of JEW's material from here on out.  Chase This Light has its moments, and I did end eventually warm up to it.  But Invented was a forgettable train-wreck, for me, and even after many attempts it simply fails to appeal on any level.  It's maybe one of two or three pre-orders [of the countless I've done] that I've ended up regretting.  But such is life.  Futures and everything before it are classics in my book, and I thoroughly enjoy spinning them from time to time.  But I feel like my respect for the band will be kept more intact if I steer clear of their releases from here on out.  Just not for me.

That being said, I received a bonus 7" with my copy of Invented.  It's honestly got the worst packaging I've seen on a 7", ever, but it's unplayed and of zero value to me.  It's for "My Best Theory" and "Stop".  Does anyone want it?  Literally just looking for the cost of shipping.  I have no use for it whatsoever, and I'd like to see it go to a fan who can at least appreciate it.

Just looked at the cover.

It blows.

That is cool that the pictures and lyrics have a connection, but pick a better photo and font/layout.

I would like to take this time to go in the other direction of this statement.  I was pleased with the themes of Invented and the connections that were made between them, the songs, and the artwork.

I'm not sure if I'm echoing things that everyone here already knows, but here's the background on the artwork:

"Adkins, a well-known photography nut – constructed the album’s lyrics under the influence of two photo books: Cindy Sherman’s  “Completely Untitled Film Still” series and Hannah Starkey’s “Photographs 1997-2007”. He built a fictional back story around pictures that particularly grabbed his eye, fictionalizing characters through a method known as object writing. As a result of the photographic subjects, the majority of the album’s narration arrives from a female point of view, allowing Adkins the freedom to explore unfamiliar perspectives."

The album art and the spread that covered the liner notes were all based around the works of Cindy Sherman and Hannah Starkey and subsequently followed the themes in the songs.

Sorry for the confusion: I had no gripes with the Invented art.  I was actually referring to the new art for Damage.  And again - it's solely my opinion.  Can't put too much stock in it.