Misery Signals new album

Im more so annoyed they are charging $38 a record for that fing box set. You know it doesn't cost that much to pump those out and as a band you should know not to gouge your fans.

they are trying to raise money, not sell it at cost.

that said, they haven't recorded/toured in years... they couldn't get jobs and collectively save up to record?  these kickstarter & indiegogo beg-a-thons are getting out of hand.  it's cool that you can get "rewards", but come on.  the fact that they want travel & lodging expenses covered is ridiculous. 

I figured it was implied when they requested $50,000 to record their new record.

It's not only make a record, but also to manufacture physical media and ship.

That being said, yeah $50,000 does seem steep. I have contributed to very similar projects before... they were seeking money to record, manufacture and ship.

They asked for $6000, raised $7000, made the record and ended up losing money after shipping all the stuff out, I believe in large part to international shipping costs. At least they made an incredible work of art and came through on the rewards.

It doesn't cost $50000 to record a metalcore album.

Do you know how to read? It's $50,000 to record, travel to their FIVE different studios, mix, master, and press the album.

Anyway, I just got the $30 vinyl. $150 is just too steep for that box set, especially when I have the double LP already. I just want the new album and Of Malice.

Also, I do agree that if you buy anything over $100 you should get everything else under that.

Do you know how to read? It's $50,000 to record, travel to their FIVE different studios, mix, master, and press the album.

Anyway, I just got the $30 vinyl. just too steep for that box set, especially when I have the double LP already. I just want the new album and Of Malice.

Also, I do agree that if you buy anything over $100 you should get everything else under that.

Yeah mother fucker I know how to read. "their FIVE different studios"? These asshole have 5 studios and still can't figure this shit out on their own? DIWYM - do it with your money.

• 2 weeks later...