Misery Signals new album

• 1 month later...

I still can't fathom the hate for musicians asking for money. Worst case scenario they make a decent amount of money out of this. Fans get what they want, the band gets money. Are you guys really pissed that the money hasn't gone to record label executives and middlemen? I still don't understand the part of this that draws such contempt.

• 1 month later...

New song rules. Still don't care what people say about them doing an indiegogo. If you donated, you basically just preordered the album. At least they didn't have some stupid thing where you get to go to disneyland with them or something. I like how it was mostly just preordering. That's how these things should be done. I'll gladly pay 30 bucks for the new LP from my favorite band. The way I see it, you pay $15 to $20 for the actual LP (with shipping included) and the rest is a donation.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my download code and listening to the whole thing now. It sounds really good but also really different. Like progressive melodic metalcore. Definitely something I haven't heard before. It's really good but I'm missing the time changes on the drums. Everything just... kinda flows.

I don't mean to be "that guy" because I am very excited that Misery Signals is active again, but I don't know if they're going to top Of Malice and Magnum Heart and Mirrors. They were/are a band that is distinguished for having those time changes on drums that made them sound so good...why change that?

Got my download code and listening to the whole thing now. It sounds really good but also really different. Like progressive melodic metalcore. Definitely something I haven't heard before. It's really good but I'm missing the time changes on the drums. Everything just... kinda flows.

This. 100%. Was waiting for someone to spark up discussion. All the attention seems to be on Defeater.

for a metalcore album in 2013, i suppose this is decent. for a misery signals album i dont think this cuts it for me. i like controller but i think of malice and mirrors are near-perfect. id prob put this one at the bottom to be honest. If you take away the string arrangements on this album its really dull. im also not a fan of the production (and im not really one to complain about the production of albums usually because i dont know shit about it). all i know is they used to have such a huge sound and this just sounds... kind of dry/overproduced to me. i still say luminary is pretty rad and theres some other parts of this album that i like but overall... im kind of bummed out on this.

i think that counterparts does misery signals better than misery signals does now.

I've never listened to them before last night. Caught them live at the Rum Runner pub in London, Ontario. Gotta say, their stuff is killer and the new songs they played sounded pretty dam awesome. Also got a free poster for buying their vinyl for absent light. (Y)

So they had copies at the show? The indiegogo ones haven't started shipping as far as I know. Post pics pls?

for a metalcore album in 2013, i suppose this is decent. for a misery signals album i dont think this cuts it for me. i like controller but i think of malice and mirrors are near-perfect. id prob put this one at the bottom to be honest. If you take away the string arrangements on this album its really dull. im also not a fan of the production (and im not really one to complain about the production of albums usually because i dont know shit about it). all i know is they used to have such a huge sound and this just sounds... kind of dry/overproduced to me. i still say luminary is pretty rad and theres some other parts of this album that i like but overall... im kind of bummed out on this.

i think that counterparts does misery signals better than misery signals does now.

Counterparts sounds nothing like Misery Signals.

So they had copies at the show? The indiegogo ones haven't started shipping as far as I know. Post pics pls?

I've never listened to them before last night. Caught them live at the Rum Runner pub in London, Ontario. Gotta say, their stuff is killer and the new songs they played sounded pretty dam awesome. Also got a free poster for buying their vinyl for absent light. (Y)

IM SO SORRY! I got myself confused with album titles (I was at work when I posted this so I couldn't see the record) and I was meaning to say Controllers/Mirrors.