[PO] Deafheaven // Sunbather – 10 Year Remaster

Really tempted to buy the font, actually. Met Nick at X-Mas party recently, great dude.

I don't get the point of buying the font really. You can't really use it in a design without it being labeled as a Sunbather ripoff...

Plus it's just a heavily edited Didot, so if you really wanted to use it, you can just do the editing yourself, like I did for my name ages ago.

I don't get the point of buying the font really. You can't really use it in a design without it being labeled as a Sunbather ripoff...

Plus it's just a heavily edited Didot, so if you really wanted to use it, you can just do the editing yourself, like I did for my name ages ago.

'Cause I'd like to support the artist. I don't think I'd use it for anything other than fun stuff.

I could edit it myself, but I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that. Besides, a lot went into that type design. The serif points are a lot sharper too.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Secular Haze

First Press:
300 - Clear w/ Splatter
700 - Hot Pink & Beer
4000 - Red & Gold

Second Press:
500 - Raider Nation Edition - Black with Silver Splatter

Third Press:
19,041 - A/B Baby Pink, C/D Piss Yellow

• 3 months later...

what are the details? I missed it.

Not many details at all. No track number's, no release date but it's "very soon". Did mention a little on the sound, how it definitely is still "their sound" but they are stepping very far away from their comfort zones and what they are used to. George said it sounds like them "on steroids". Also again produced by Jack Shirley. Super excited.

I can't be the only one that listened to the entirety of Sunbather at 33.3 before realizing it should be played at 45...

Totally happened to me too, but I didn't go that far haha.

I actually just finished listening to "Roads to Judah" on vinyl (spinning the new Baulta record now :D) and I have Sunbather in my car at the moment.

I know this might sound gay or whatever to those hardened internet collectors here, but Saturday after a long, grueling day of work I was listening to "Dreamhouse" on my ride home. The ride is short, and I got to my driveway about halfway through the song. Turned my car off, and just sat there with "Dreamhouse" finishing at full blast.

The bridge fucking made me cry. It was so bizarre. The emotionality of the music just fucking engulfed me, and I started crying. It was kind of amazing. Not like a bawling emo-sissy thing, but like... kind of what happens when you watch soldier homecoming videos... just a sweet, emotional thing.

This band is so good. I love that they actually use real production on their albums, and not the sampled mechanical sound most metal bands use today. I hate that shit. The drums sound like actual drums played by a person.

These guys are high on my bucket list to see live. Could you imagine a show with like, Deafheaven, Junius, Rosetta, and like, sleepmakeswaves or something?

drool...

• Derek™ changed the title to [PO] Deafheaven // Sunbather – 10 Year Remaster