[PO] Deafheaven // Sunbather – 10 Year Remaster

Totally happened to me too, but I didn't go that far haha.

I actually just finished listening to "Roads to Judah" on vinyl (spinning the new Baulta record now :D) and I have Sunbather in my car at the moment.

I know this might sound gay or whatever to those hardened internet collectors here, but Saturday after a long, grueling day of work I was listening to "Dreamhouse" on my ride home. The ride is short, and I got to my driveway about halfway through the song. Turned my car off, and just sat there with "Dreamhouse" finishing at full blast.

The bridge fucking made me cry. It was so bizarre. The emotionality of the music just fucking engulfed me, and I started crying. It was kind of amazing. Not like a bawling emo-sissy thing, but like... kind of what happens when you watch soldier homecoming videos... just a sweet, emotional thing.

This band is so good. I love that they actually use real production on their albums, and not the sampled mechanical sound most metal bands use today. I hate that shit. The drums sound like actual drums played by a person.

These guys are high on my bucket list to see live. Could you imagine a show with like, Deafheaven, Junius, Rosetta, and like, sleepmakeswaves or something?

drool...

I get where you're coming from. My first time listening to Sunbather was early summer '13, laying in the grass, actually sunbathing, eyes closed pointing straight towards the sunlight and all I could see was the color of the album cover. I was in awe. And I cried.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, you guys.... relax. Obviously you all knew what I meant.

And yes, its 2015... are there really any people against gays left? That's so dumb.

Homophobic people are the lamest (gayest is the term we would have used in high school, but I do try not to use that any more because people get so uptight over it and we have to have a dumb sidebar like this whole thing).

Not sure why gay used in that context has nothing to do with homosexuality any more though, but that's just how it developed.

Nobody makes fun of gay people, and if they do, they're a fucking faggot who needs to get with the times.(watch South Park)

Anyway I have to get to work.... Deafheaven rules, gay people are just normal people too, people who hate gays are stupid, vinyl is awesome, blah blah blah.

Wow, you guys.... relax. Obviously you all knew what I meant.

And yes, its 2015... are there really any people against gays left? That's so dumb.

Umm, yeah. A good portion of our country is still ignorant (as you are quite eloquently displaying now). You are seriously a fucking idiot and the rest of your post made me cringe.

You really need to watch how you talk. You sound like a 12 year old on Xbox live

Homophobic people are the lamest (gayest is the term we would have used in high school, but I do try not to use that any more because people get so uptight over it and we have to have a dumb sidebar like this whole thing).

It's not a dumb sidebar.  You should stop using that word in that context.

Is anyone here actually being homophobic?

Also... I guess I see your guys' point here. Had a big intellectual discussion/debate about this topic tonight with a group of friends, although it was about the n-word. As silly as I think it is, you have to legitimize and internalize the outrage that some people feel when the word gay is used in a non-homosexual context.

But why do they get to be the ones who are outraged? Why can't the people who don't care and don't mean it as anything to do with sexuality be the ones who win? (devil's advocate here... because I honestly just don't care. I know that support/accept gay people and don't use it as a derogatory term towards people who are of that sexual orientation).

Blah. Anyway....

Are Deafheaven working on any new material does anyone know?

I've though about picking up the demo 12"... can anyone comment on whether its worth owning? I listen to Sunbather and Roads to Judah regularly

• Derek™ changed the title to [PO] Deafheaven // Sunbather – 10 Year Remaster