[PO] Deafheaven // Sunbather – 10 Year Remaster

The few records that I have multiple variants of get play. I don't exclusively play one copy. I guess for me, on the shelf storage allows me the chance to spin it. Being in a frame does not.

In this specific scenario, this is a pretty rare and highly sought after variant. So it's a bummer that this will only be enjoyed visually.

Why? Does your copy not sound the same as the splatters do?

Yeah play the sound card in a conversation about framing records, really great argument. Framing records is a stupid practice (not calling whoever did it stupid, they just did something stupid).

If it matters, I have the same copy and am not speaking out of jealousy.

In this specific scenario, this is a pretty rare and highly sought after variant. So it's a bummer that this will only be enjoyed visually.

In my mind, the color of the record doesn't matter as soon as it hits the turntable.  If every record pressed from here on out was on black, it wouldn't detract from my enjoyment of the format.  I think the bulk of the reason for colored vinyl is for visual stimulation (and possibly to convince us nerds to buy multiple copies).  Without diving into arguments regarding some colors sounding better/worse than others, it's really all same once you start to play it.

I don't disagree with your argument that the frame hinders the ability to listen to that particular variant, I think that's a valid point.

Even if you have multiple copies seeing that still pisses me off.

In my mind, the color of the record doesn't matter as soon as it hits the turntable.  If every record pressed from here on out was on black, it wouldn't detract from my enjoyment of the format.

Agreed on both parts. I'm all for treasuring your sought after items, but at the same time I just wanna say, "dude...".

I like how he condemns Deafheaven then turns around and talks about Wolves in the Throne Room as amazing. Say what you will about Deafheaven's genre; but don't try to give yourself credibility by talking about Wolves in the Throne Room when talking about "real" black metal.

What a fucking clown.  The fact that he writes off shoegaze - as a whole - only goes to show that he has no idea how to review music.  (Or listen to it with an open mind, for that matter.)  Just another pleb who's too focused on Deafheaven's success and reception to hear their music for what it is.

[edit]

Love his Album I Thought Was Pretty Cool But Didn’t Fully Get Why Everyone in the World Was Jacking Off to It award that he gave to Touché Amoré.  What is this guy's problem?  Did he lose his girlfriend to some dude who's into Deathwish releases?

We all know that DFHVN has been making it on a lot a of year end lists as top album and all. Which is great and deserved. But man, this dude @ Noisey disagrees. Comically so. 

http://m.noisey.vice.com/blog/noiseys-best-and-worst-of-2013---dan-ozzi

I never take anything that dude takes seriously - it's all a schtick - who even knows if he really believes half of what he writes

• Derek™ changed the title to [PO] Deafheaven // Sunbather – 10 Year Remaster