Do all records from victory records sound terrible, or just mine?

I have the 5th pressing of Taking Back Sunday on red vinyl and it sounds horrible. I enjoy TBS, Thursday, Streetlight Manifesto and more, and like the idea of being able to get these albums on vinyl for less than $15 from Victory, but do all of them sound terrible?

Does anyone else have the red copy, how does it sound?

How do the other TAYF records and other records from Victory sound, is it worth continuing to buy from them (other than the fact that in general, they suck haha)?

I don’t want this to turn into a Victory bashing thread, I just want to know if my copy is bad and I should try to pick up another one and others in the future, or if it’s a “you get what you pay for” kind of thing.

Also, I understand that it's not going to sound as good as higher quality 180g records, but this is distorted and doesn't sound the same as even an mp3 sampled at 128k at all.

I have records from Victory going back to '96 and none of them sound bad. Maybe you just need to clean the record.

Maybe you just need to clean the record.

Well it came in new, so I didn't think that would be an issue. But now the noob comes out... what do you mean by/how do you clean records? All I've ever seen is wiping it with an anti-static brush, is that considered cleaning it?

I'm new to vinyl collective (and vinyl collecting) and looking into cleaning records, anti-static brushes, and cleaning and upkeep of my record player are things I plan on looking into on the forum when I get a chance.

I have Snapcase "Progression through Unlearning" and "End Transmission", TBS "TAYF" and "Where You Want to Be", and Hatebreed "Satisfaction is the Death of Desire" and all of them sound fine except End Transmission, that one has a weird haze sound over it. I usually order these whenever Victory has a sale so I get them at decent prices. 

My guess is they cut all their records from cd anyway. They're just big distorted CDs.

How often do you clean your stylus? I don't doubt that it sounds like shit, but the way you describe it, it must sound extremely shitty.

Your guess would be wrong. Victory has been putting records out since before you were born, give them a little credit.

Also keep in mind some of these records are on their 6th pressing at this point. I think the original pressings of Tell All Your Friends are mastered just slightly louder than the subsequent 2007 and on pressings but I can't really say one necessarily sounds better or worse. I've bought tons of records from victory over the years and have never had a problem with sound quality or even warping.

All of the Victory records I own are extremely poor in quality. You can tell they are cheap pressings by the rough edges, I even had an Atreyu one that still had a bunch of excess wax hanging off of it. I also agree that they don't sound any different than the CD/MP3 versions, so if they are remastered for vinyl it must not be done very tactfully. So yeah, pretty much fuck Victory. Even if I do like some of their bands, I won't buy any more of their vinyl releases.

I have the latest TAYF press on Victory's crown jewel clear with black smoke and it sounds fucking terrible. Been waiting for someone else to bring it up. I think quite a few people with the newer presses have distortion issues.

I haven't picked up a record from Victory since because of this. And now after hearing that the recent Bayside releases sound shitty too makes me wonder if they've let the quality dip.

My guess is they cut all their records from cd anyway. They're just big distorted CDs.

How often do you clean your stylus? I don't doubt that it sounds like shit, but the way you describe it, it must sound extremely shitty.

Well...never haha I actually just posted this thread asking for some advice in the cleaning area. But the other records I listen to sound fine, so I didn't think it was the player.

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/87525-new-to-vinyl-looking-for-some-adviceinfo-about-my-turntable/