SECULAR HAZE'S FINAL GIVEAWAY

Guest Secular Haze

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

About a week ago I got my package from Sec. Everything was there and packed to withstand a tank. This prize and package was a true kindness that I truly appreciate. My son is already digging that Dave Hause LP and I have spun the American Football reissue a couple times. 

I want to express my thanks to a true gentleman of VC here. Thank you. This place is at it's best as we help one another build our collections without all the bullshit that exists around vinyl these days. The Haze has done that and then some. Further, I truly believe in the power of what small kindnesses can mean. I won this from Sec and when a friend of mine's 15 year old daughter had her best friend die by suicide recently  I gave her my The Story So Far collection and a couple At the Drive In records - trust me, she was in a horrible space but cracked a huge smile. What's my point? Do a few randomly nice things for folks. I smiled like hell when I got this package, joy isn't beneath any of us and I truly appreciate that a total stranger gave a little of that to me. 

Thanks Sec. 

Oh man. I really got teary-eyed at Dave's words right there. Seriously. It struck a nerve and pulled the heartstrings. And all so true. 

VC can sometimes be a mess of a community with plenty of negativity and nastiness going around. But there's always that glimmer of goodness and kindness below the surface that keeps a bunch of us being a true community and vinyl-loving family. This is what VC has always been from day one. 

SecH was able to literally push that kindness into us by doing these giveaways. It was much more than just "hey! free records here!". It was showing that you can pay something forward and truly make someone's day and be good. And that's what keeps me around here putting up with all of y'all.  ;)

So yeah. Thanks SecH. You were and still are a vital member of this little crazy family of vinyl-loving nerds. Thank you for everything and our undying POSI and kindness. 

You definitely deserve the almighty and prestigious Panda-clap!

726CBAC9-6D35-44B3-9631-AE60C8B6983E.gif