My Crosley CR8005a-bl seems to be jumping grooves one brand new records.

The main forum has the flipping argument, the multiple variants of the same record argument and a few others.

The everything else forum has / had teenageeric.

This forum has the argument of whether a Crosley or Ion should be used even if it was free.

They will never go away. They will continue to be rehashed over and over. Best thing to do is just answer the questions (which was done in the first 5-10 posts) and then let them drift into the VC abyss. Let the rest of it go.

Just my opinion.

That's a valid opinion. No one will use to search function nor read the beginner's thread (even if it gets stickied). They'll just come and post.

And sorry to let you down bros, but I don't suck cock. I just find it great that moodydouche uses his homophobia as a way to insult someone.

Your dad didn't think I was a homophobe when I was man-banging him in front of your mom at a Wal-Mart parking lot.

-moodydouche

No, I read it because I was interested in what would warrant a revival in a 20+ day old thread on Crosleys.  I get the theory behind VTA causing issues, and it may help someone that has the ability to adjust it on their table, so there's that.  But, when the issue is that the question at hand is one of how to fix something that basically can't be fixed with the available attunements, I don't really see the point of the thread.

I revived the 20 day old thread because it wasn't that old, I assume he still had the same problem, and that no one told him to make sure it was level.  I was trying to help a guy out.  Apparently, I should have ignored it.  My apologies. 

We get it; you're not a homophobe.  I am getting a sorta passive-aggressively rape-y vibe though.  For now I'll choose to believe that you ramming ajxd's dad in the parking lot of a walmart (weird) while his mom watched (even weirder) was totally consensual.  For your next yarn, can you tell us about the time you tied my dad to a tree in the woods behind a Tennessee truck stop and blew his dick raw while my grandfather tickled his taint?

This is seriously the best thing I've ever written.

On a more serious note, the reason why it's important that we go into detail about the inner workings of a Crosley is because the damn subject continues to pop up, and people obviously don't know what makes them terrible machines.  You can say "Crosleys are crap ... buy a Pro-Ject" all you want, but to a newbie there's nothing there for him / her to connect the those two statements.

Yes, we've read similar threads a thousand times before, but that doesn't mean that useful information can't be imparted to the uneducated.  Hell, I'm sure that half the people on this forum who own decent starter tables still don't understand the importance of proper set up, alignment, VTA, tracking force, etc etc.

Beside, whenever I see a thread that I find boring, I simply ... you know, refrain from clicking.  Oh, what a terrible affliction: Can't-Stop-Reading-This-Thread-itus.

For your next yarn, can you tell us about the time you tied my dad to a tree in the woods behind a Tennessee truck stop and blew his dick raw while my grandfather tickled his taint?

Your Pops and Gramps got that story to you a little messed up.  I was tied up, and your dad was all about, "I'm gonna dig at your guts with my crotch shovel!"  It was an awkward time, but your grandfather DEFINITELY twisted on some taint that night.  Shit was messed up, but it's cool to play the power bottom from time to time.  Honestly, I've not been back to Tennessee since then, and I certainly can't listen to Lucero anymore, either.  What can you do?

But seriously, I get it people have legitimate questions, even if they can't use a search function - that was NOT my pick.  Coming off like you know everything about everything and no one can hold a candle to the great and extensive knowledge on all things concerned with...anything?  That's cause to pick a message board fight, don't you think?  Well, I think so, at any rate.  Bottom line, most of you guys answer questions earnestly and that's cool, but there's always ajxd spewing forth his unavoidable pound of bullshit on every topic that pops up.  Fuck him and everything he says, regardless of if he's got 16 Ph.Ds, cured cancer in his basement while getting tattoos in front of all of his doctor friends, and was forced to watch me and his parents have a hate-fuck frenzy.

Motherfuckers, Wal-Mart has the hook up!

Weird. I should post of pic of all the PMs I get asking for advice. You two seem to be the only ones with issues. Continue being upset, it'll get you both far in life!

Once again, letting us know about how many people come to him, because he's got the answers.  If the amount of questions about Crosleys that I answer measures how far I'm going to get in life, ajxd, I'm content with being a loser.

(NOTE: ask away with questions about ANY turntable, for anyone else reading.  A Crosley may suck, but you know what else sucks?  Not having anything to play your music on at all.  We all start somewhere.)

I've gotta leave for work early now, I have an appointment in a Wal-Mart parking lot with some of your relatives.