Record Store Day

Guest Fredneck

Just finished my taxes and owe way too much but I gotta stick it out and go to Criminal in Atl. Way too excited about my first RSD to care about money.

Pro Tip: Decatur CD homie... FUUUUCK Criminal.. It will be absurd whereas Decatur CD is an awesome shop 5mins away that isn't full of idiots tearing each others eyes out for a copy of a Skrillex record.

I have done it for the last few years..

Other Music usually has the most BUT..  Generation will have more punk  / hc / metal releases..

so really depends on what sort of stuff you're looking for.  Generation has a lot of stuff.

I haven't done Academy . Sound fix  . Permanent in Brooklyn..

don't do Kim's.  that place is a shit show on RSD.  the first time I went they literally emptied a box out in front

of everyone and it was a free for all..

I've heard J and R downtown has some good stuff but I have only done that on black friday..

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it. I'm thinking of being at Generation 7AM (they open at 10AM), then Other for anything I missed. Do you remember how early the lines usually start?

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it. I'm thinking of being at Generation 7AM (they open at 10AM), then Other for anything I missed. Do you remember how early the lines usually start?

I never waited in line at Generation, I just usually walk there after OM.  but OM and Kims both around 7a.  if you want to be top ten people in line.  three years ago they were giving away free Regina Spector tickets and when I got there at 7 there were people in line from the night before but that was just generally for Regina.  

don't know about Generation.  I would say 7a ish

With Record Store Day this Saturday we are happy to announce that the Earache Webstore will have all the Earache items including the much asked after 'Worlds Shortest Album' available for pre sale from this weekend

Available come 6:00pm UK Summer Time, Saturday 20th April from the following link we will have:

Insect Warfare / Napalm Death Split 7" Vinyl
Evile / Entombed Split 7" Vinyl
World Shorts Album on Red and Black vinyl
Rival Sons 'Manifest DEstiny' 10" Picture Disk

here's message from earache records about this year record store day.

some may wanna know....

Okay thanks! Appreciate the heads up!

Anyone in Atlanta want to help me out and get me one of these:

Atlanta band Mood Rings will also perform on the Criminal Records stage that day. Their 7" single on Mexican Summer will be available as an extremely limited, hand-silkscreened edition of 100 at all three participating RSD stores in the metro-Atlanta area: Decatur CDWax n Facts, and Criminal Records.

Anyone in Atlanta want to help me out and get me one of these:

Atlanta band Mood Rings will also perform on the Criminal Records stage that day. Their 7" single on Mexican Summer will be available as an extremely limited, hand-silkscreened edition of 100 at all three participating RSD stores in the metro-Atlanta area: Decatur CDWax n Facts, and Criminal Records.

Sure man! I'll try to snag one for ya!

I'll definitely do my best to pick those up for you

Just saw this reply. I needed to catch up on this thread apparently.

Myself and a few others will be having a twitter RSD "search party" - it spans the US and we are going to work together to grab releases for each other. If you want to join in the fun (or just have some entertainment while you're in line) my twitter handle (?) is: @momrecords

Myself and a few others will be having a twitter RSD "search party" - it spans the US and we are going to work together to grab releases for each other. If you want to join in the fun (or just have some entertainment while you're in line) my twitter handle (?) is: @momrecords

I was going to PM you, but figure it's probably more valuable as public conversation in case anyone else was wondering, but can you elaborate how your search party works?  I don't have twitter...I'm assuming I'd need one.  Does everyone have a public list posted, that they can update live in the event they find their purchase, or a fellow search partier does?  I'd love to participate, I'll be in the Twin Cities in Minnesota.  My list goes about 4-5 albums deep, but if I can grab something for someone else while I'm hunting for my own, I'd love to help out.

With Record Store Day this Saturday we are happy to announce that the Earache Webstore will have all the Earache items including the much asked after 'Worlds Shortest Album' available for pre sale from this weekend

Available come 6:00pm UK Summer Time, Saturday 20th April from the following link we will have:

Insect Warfare / Napalm Death Split 7" Vinyl

Evile / Entombed Split 7" Vinyl

World Shorts Album on Red and Black vinyl

Rival Sons 'Manifest DEstiny' 10" Picture Disk

here's message from earache records about this year record store day.

some may wanna know....

Thanks Yu! In on the Rival Sons.

Pro Tip: Decatur CD homie... FUUUUCK Criminal.. It will be absurd whereas Decatur CD is an awesome shop 5mins away that isn't full of idiots tearing each others eyes out for a copy of a Skrillex record.

I've done both for RSD. One advantage Criminal has over Decatur CD is the line going through the store is more orderly... you're kind of herded through. So, the earlier you get there, the better (as far as quick selling items are concerned.)

When I was at Decatur CD two years ago, I was 3rd or 4th in line. But because the rush to enter the store was so haphazard, it didn't matter. When the doors opened, the first 20 or so people in line just became a giant blob of chaos (for the first 20 minutes or so, anyway.) 

This year, I'll be in Asheville. I assume I'll go to Harvest Records, but if anyone has a better suggestion, I'm all ears.