Record Store Day

Guest Fredneck

This might be a stupid question but whats the average price on the vinyl on RSD? This will be my first time.

Here's a price list. Varies a little from store to store, but this is a pretty good indicator. You can just look for the specifics you're interested in.

http://boomstickcomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Record-Store-Day-2013-Order-Form-Sheet1.pdf

Here's a price list. Varies a little from store to store, but this is a pretty good indicator. You can just look for the specifics you're interested in.

http://boomstickcomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Record-Store-Day-2013-Order-Form-Sheet1.pdf

$80 for Parallax 3lp set?? sweet jesus. i knew it would be pricey, but not that much. goddamn RSD.

Son of a F%(%!! That is EXACTLY why I hate RSD! If it were possible to tell who doesn't have it garunteed in hand and might not actually come through with a sale because they couldnt get it at release, I would buy all their shit up just to ding them for negative feedback (That unforuntatley is the about the minium you can really do :( ... serious tears at this b.s.!)

What would be just as, if not worse, would be if those are shop owners who are not even going to offer that stock to people in store on RSD!

That runs me through a mixture of emotions, and I am not even in the U.S. to particpate there this year! Such B.S.!!

The thing that really gets me is that some of the listings (for the DMB release anyway) have actual pictures of the stock on hand.

It's one thing to put up an eBay listing without having the item. It's shitty and stupid, but you get screwed if you don't get the item on RSD and if you do then you're just another flipper who got a jump on the game.

It's another thing entirely if you have the item in hand before RSD (meaning you're a record shop) and you sell it online for absurd prices. There's a special place in record hell for ppl who do that kind of thing.

They'll have the most, but it seems like the general consensus is to go to the smaller shops.

yea, i figured as much. i really want to hit up end of an ear, but i just called and they will only have 3 of the 7 releases i want. so ill probably just get in line at waterloo at 4am and deal with with the shit storm. All of my previous RSD's were at the store where it all started, so im prepared for pretty much anything. 

What about the other stores. One on Airport and one in East Austin?

the one on airport ( the name escapes me now) closed about a year ago. and the one in east austin (breakaway?) isnt listed on the RSD site, so i assume they wont be getting anything. same with antones on the drag.  

No, not at all. Limited and colored pieces of plastic are much more important than people's lives and well-being.

Hey, thanks asshole! I've only been up for 30 hours straight thanks to police sirens, frantic news footage and choppers and have only been locked inside all day to boot. Forgive me for wanting this shit resolved so I can enjoy something I've been looking forward to for months in addition to having my friends, family and neighbors being safe. 

Parker, obvious Vincent is just reaffirming what you're deeply thinking inside, otherwise why make the post?

If RSD is canceled, on Xday, it will start on Yday.

But on the other hand, its important not to stop living life as usual. But it does bring in to question the way we live our lives. Record collecting (in terms of limited pressings and colored plastics) does = lavish waste. But so does almost everything else that costs money in our society from buying an ice cream to seeing an action flick.

There was only one record I wanted from RSD, so I bought it on eBay for $15. Going to RSD would have cost 2 hours plus $8 gas and who knows if the item would have been in stock.

Of course it's lavish waste. It's not as if I need people to point that out to me as if it's never occurred to me before, especially in the midst of such troubling news all week.

Besides,I thought it was fairly obvious that i was making a joke out of it in the first place. And I never insinuated that RSD was my number one concern during this crisis. I would have been disappointed to miss it but it goes beyond just collecting limited edition pieces of plastic for me. I have a really nice tradition with my wife and my brother-in-law of going every year, waiting in line, digging through the bins and getting brunch after. And if some young dipshit terrorist with a pressure cooker and pipebomb were to wreck that for us, sure it doesn't compare with people's safety or well being but it would still suck. I think it's fair for me to express that without some snide dickhead jumping down my throat while stating the obvious.