PO: Have Mercy - The Earth Pushed Back - Out 5/21/2013 via Topshelf

So excited to see these guys tonight with Julia Brown, Modern Baseball, Prawn, Old Gray, and I Kill Giants. Almost definitely picking up the record.

I was at this show!

178a1746c34011e282a722000a1f9d5f_7.jpg

got mine last night and it looks awesome, although i was definitely confused as to why i ended up with (what i thought was) two black copies. but then i looked closer and held them up to the light and figured it out ha. the clear with black smoke is definitely way darker than i expected. it really does look black on first glance. it's all good though. still loving absolutely everything about this release :)

We never clean the presses between variants so when it comes time to switch between pressing two different variants, the previous variant's color will "bleed" into the new variant's color for 10-20 records before being fully filtered out. This usually makes for some really cool color combinations. My guess is that you have one of these that happened to be within the first 10-20 records between black and clear w/ smoke because the clear w/ smoke copies I've seen are much lighter than this.

I was at this show!

We never clean the presses between variants so when it comes time to switch between pressing two different variants, the previous variant's color will "bleed" into the new variant's color for 10-20 records before being fully filtered out. This usually makes for some really cool color combinations. My guess is that you have one of these that happened to be within the first 10-20 records between black and clear w/ smoke because the clear w/ smoke copies I've seen are much lighter than this.

wait you were? goddamnit man! hahaha. that's the show that whole argument about "ripping off band members" came out of, hah. Guys from Julia Brown go/went to my school and are very associated with the radio station I work out so I had that going for me, and the other five I really enjoy. Wish the bands could have gotten a little longer but I get that the timing was a mess with that super late start. Really fun show though.

• 3 months later...

So I just discovered this album and holy crap I am in love! I snagged the download from someone a few months ago and I'm literally just listening to it today and I can't believe I slept on this for so long! Going to grab the clear with black smoke as soon as I get some funds and hopefully find someone willing to sell their 180g for a decent price

So I just discovered this album and holy crap I am in love! I snagged the download from someone a few months ago and I'm literally just listening to it today and I can't believe I slept on this for so long! Going to grab the clear with black smoke as soon as I get some funds and hopefully find someone willing to sell their 180g for a decent price

i have a copy of the 180G i'll sell you. pm me about it.

Finally picked up a copy of this because of the 20% off sale going on right now. I also picked up We Were Skeletons - Blame and Aging, but meant to pick up the 2nd press of Whenever, If Ever. I was playing around with different orders before finally pulling the trigger and fucked it up somehow. I was going to email Topshelf to sort it out but then I said "Fuck it" because its not like I didn't want the album.

Hopefully I manage to pick up the 2nd press of Whenever, If Ever before they're gone though. It's the only album I've ever felt compelled to collect the variants and I'm only missing Black and Hunter Green.

Finally picked up a copy of this because of the 20% off sale going on right now. I also picked up We Were Skeletons - Blame and Aging, but meant to pick up the 2nd press of Whenever, If Ever. I was playing around with different orders before finally pulling the trigger and fucked it up somehow. I was going to email Topshelf to sort it out but then I said "Fuck it" because its not like I didn't want the album.

Hopefully I manage to pick up the 2nd press of Whenever, If Ever before they're gone though. It's the only album I've ever felt compelled to collect the variants and I'm only missing Black and Hunter Green.

I may be selling a black.

Dammit, I just picked up the /500 variant. Got it today and am listening to it for the first time right now. Oh well, the clear gray w/black looks cool at least.

They also have some copies of We Were Skeletons - Blame and Aging on Red/Orange w/ Black (/200) up.

• 1 month later...