PO: Queens of the Stone Age - ...Like Clockwork

Just pre-ordered this for my fiance.  Sears gave a bunch of people money this weekend on their rewards accounts for Memorial Day, and we had a free $20.  Ordered it on Sears.com and only paid about 8$ after shipping for the record!  Now we just need to wait and see if they're any good at shipping records...

love this one too bad it didn't make the album

This and Fun Machine are fantastic and really should have made the album.

I'm still seeing the Era hate and I just don't understand that people hate it so much. I guess I'm biased though since QOTSA is one of my all time favorite bands.

Yep, Era is great. Its a grower, just like all great records.

Not sure on other variations of the CD release, but the Japanese CD version contains those tracks not found on the regular version.

Yeah, there's Canadian, Australian, etc deluxe CD versions that have the tracks as bonus tracks. Those songs didn't make it as 'official' album tracks and I just think they should have made it.

Era is their weakest record easily, but every time I spin it I realize that it too is a great record. It would be a lesser band's best record.

This is a great point.  That can apply to a lot of bands.  Where their weakest stuff is still better than most of the shit that is out there.

Even though I like Era just fine.

Yeah, there's Canadian, Australian, etc deluxe CD versions that have the tracks as bonus tracks. Those songs didn't make it as 'official' album tracks and I just think they should have made it.

Like their cover of "Goin Out West" from the 3's & 7's 7"??? That shit is great!

I don't understand how people don't like Era altogether. These guys have always been about progression and none of their albums sound the same. I love the apparent mood changes in the album and lovelovelove 3's & 7's. Fun fact: Make it Wit Chu was partially written by Dean Ween...from Ween, and has actually been around since 2003 on a Desert Sessions album.

I don't understand how people don't like Era altogether. These guys have always been about progression and none of their albums sound the same. I love the apparent mood changes in the album and lovelovelove 3's & 7's. Fun fact: Make it Wit Chu was partially written by Dean Ween...from Ween, and has actually been around since 2003 on a Desert Sessions album.

I always kinda laugh when people refer to Queens as a "band". Queens is Josh, Josh is Queens.

Yeah mostly. And these guys:

Album line-up

Josh Homme – lead vocals, guitar, backing vocals, twelve string guitar ("I Appear Missing"), slide guitar ("I Appear Missing")

Troy Van Leeuwen – guitar, backing vocals, percussion, keyboard, twelve string guitar (tracks 5 and 9), lap steel ("Kalopsia")

Dean Fertita – keyboard, guitar, backing vocals, percussion, piano ("Kalopsia")

Michael Shuman – bass, backing vocals, keyboard ("Kalopsia")

Guest appearances

Dave Grohl – drums, percussion (all tracks except 1, 2, 6, and 10)

Joey Castillo – drums, percussion on "Kalopsia",[26] "Keep Your Eyes Peeled" and "I Sat by the Ocean"

Jon Theodore – drums, percussion on "...Like Clockwork"

Nick Oliveri – vocals on "If I Had a Tail" and "Fairweather Friends"

Mark Lanegan – vocals on "If I Had a Tail" and "Fairweather Friends"

Alex Turner – vocals, guitar on "If I Had a Tail", lyrics on "Kalopsia" [27]

Trent Reznor – "Fairweather Friends" and "Kalopsia"

Jake Shears - vocals on "Keep Your Eyes Peeled"[28]

Sir Elton John – piano, vocals on "Fairweather Friends"

Brody Dalle – vocals

Alain Johannes

James Lavelle

Technical

Josh Homme & Queens of the Stone Age - production

Boneface - design, illustrations

Liam Brazier - animation for promo videos

Mark Rankin- recording and mixing

From Matador

Due to some production delays orders placed for Deluxe LPs after May 20th will be indefinitely delayed.

I dont know if that has anything to do with your orders or not, but that may be part of the cause.

Probably shouldn't have any effect on us considering we ordered pretty well before May 20th.

From Matador

Due to some production delays orders placed for Deluxe LPs after May 20th will be indefinitely delayed.

I dont know if that has anything to do with your orders or not, but that may be part of the cause.

Is there a difference between delayed indefinitely and cancelled? Looks like I just squeaked past the deadline.