PO: Queens of the Stone Age - ...Like Clockwork

Pics?

I'll post some when I get home from work. It says it comes with a "lottery ticket", which includes a download of the album. I want to know what that looks like.

Probably shouldn't have any effect on us considering we ordered pretty well before May 20th.

Well if you did order a deluxe then I would imagine you will be guarenteed a copy at least. But that doesn't mean there wont be a delay in your order due to whatever the manufacturing issue was.  

JUST SHIPPED! Fuck yeah! I might actually get a new release that I'm looking forward to on or BEFORE the release date! My poor brother will have to wait though as his was ordered on May 6th and has not yet shipped. It did go out of stock between my order and his so he might be waiting a good while. Which blows.

That's odd, I didn't think that he wrote every song, especially on Era. It's not like the Trent Reznor/NIN situation where he's the sole creator. Maybe I'm wrong.

Without Josh no Queens.  He collaborates with everyone, doesn't mean Allain Johanes "is" QOTSA.  It's more like QOTSA is a musical collective with Josh at the center, writing the songs.

What's the difference between QOTSA and the Desert Sessions?  Name.

JUST SHIPPED! Fuck yeah! I might actually get a new release that I'm looking forward to on or BEFORE the release date! My poor brother will have to wait though as his was ordered on May 6th and has not yet shipped. It did go out of stock between my order and his so he might be waiting a good while. Which blows.

So it sounds like you ordered 6 days after I did and yours shipped first.  I wonder how they decide things like that.  Well either way, glad yours shipped, I'm sure I'll get mine eventually.

Without Josh no Queens. He collaborates with everyone, doesn't mean Allain Johanes "is" QOTSA. It's more like QOTSA is a musical collective with Josh at the center, writing the songs.

What's the difference between QOTSA and the Desert Sessions? Name.

Whuuutt?? I don't follow your logic. Josh isn't responsible for writing every QOTSA song like TR has with NIN. I'll stick by my own theory. It's a band, though with a revolving lineup, it's a band. And I'm pretty sure he didn't write all of the Desert Session stuff either, but hey, you're the expert.

So it sounds like you ordered 6 days after I did and yours shipped first.  I wonder how they decide things like that.  Well either way, glad yours shipped, I'm sure I'll get mine eventually.

That sucks, man. Who knows how they're doing it. I really hope you get yours shipped soon. I just noticed that I got a shipping notification email from Matador so maybe that's something to look out for. Otherwise just keep checking your account on the store website.

Because they once posted on Facebook a picture diagram showing a rudimentary flow chart for making vinyl records. At the start they showed digital files and a CD being used as the source for the vinyl lacquer cut. When I questioned them about it ("I sure hope you're not sourcing LP's from retail CD's of the same album") they mentioned that the CD was there for to represent the Indie bands who don't have a proper studio master or some BS and when I said "that's fine, but I sure hope you're not doing that with major label artists who could supply a proper studio master because that goes against everything vinyl is about" they never replied and that photo was either deleted and re-uploaded without my comments or my comments were deleted.

....I hate shady practices. I hope they used the real studio master for this LP and not a CD.