Major Label Vinyl Delays, Help?

I hope this isn't a repeat post but I actually have a problem right now that I could use some help with. 

Basically I'm getting bitched at at how long records are taking to complete by several artists/labels. 

Can anyone think off the top of their head of some major label new releases that have had unreasonably late vinyl lately? I'm trying to show that everyone is victimized by this and would like to cite examples. 

Thank you. 

How about the end of last year, when seemingly every other release was stalled by the (fucking) Beatles' repress?

Yea I've used that Beatles excuse 100 times already (we press almost exclusively at Rainbo, at least used to) but I'm trying to say "you think you are alone here? even THIS BAND, THIS SINGER, and THESE GUYS had their vinyl street after CD/digital!"

I hope this isn't a repeat post but I actually have a problem right now that I could use some help with. 

Basically I'm getting bitched at at how long records are taking to complete by several artists/labels. 

I used to handle some production work for a major label about 10 years ago. The lead times they expected were absurd, even for CD's.

The best advice I can offer is to delicately explain that as demand is increasing for vinyl (especially short-run variants), lead times are also increasing. I would guess that this isn't an industry that will be quick to expand capacity, due to the capital equipment required & the fact that vinyl is still generally considered a "niche" of the overall market.

Citing examples of other delayed releases is one way to justify things----but I'd also back it up by citing increased demand across the board:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/118975417/THE-NIELSEN-COMPANY-BILLBOARD%E2%80%99S-2012-MUSIC-INDUSTRY-REPORT

According to The Nielsen Company & Billboard's 2012 Music Industry Report:

"For the fifth consecutive year, more vinyl albums were purchased than any other year in the history of Nielsen SoundScan."

• "In 2012, vinyl album sales reached 4.6 million in sales, breaking the previous record of 3.9 million LP album sales in 2011."
  • "67% of all vinyl albums were purchased at an independent music store during 2012."
  • "Vinyl album sales in 2012 were up 19% compared to 2011 and accounted for 1.4% of all album sales and 2.3% of all physical album sales."

Late as well, but taking the opportunity to bitch.

Fueled By Ramen has been shitty with this "Paramore" box set. $100 box set preordered in January, promised to ship April 2nd, will now not ship until AT LEAST April 25, and the only thing promised in return is an awful, 256kbps encoded mp3 of the album. I emailed to enquire about a lossless download, and was given an automated response and nothing else. Ugh.

Late as well, but taking the opportunity to bitch.

Fueled By Ramen has been shitty with this "Paramore" box set. $100 box set preordered in January, promised to ship April 2nd, will now not ship until AT LEAST April 25, and the only thing promised in return is an awful, 256kbps encoded mp3 of the album. I emailed to enquire about a lossless download, and was given an automated response and nothing else. Ugh.

I don't understand why anything less than 320kbps even exists anymore in this high capacity world. 320/lossless.

Not major label but Streetlight Manifesto's album has been a shit show. Supposed to be out in november, still waiting to pick it up pick it up pick it up.

To be fair though, this hasn't been pressing plant backup so much as it's been Victory being a generally terrible label, right?