All Bacon Diet (Official Bearding Competition Chat Thread)

And surprisingly, every dude that I talked to at the event was SUPER nice. It's not a bunch of bikers and nudists... just hairy gents that put product in their facial hair and like talking about music.

this.

also i have only met one other vcer IRL and i gotta say that when meeting casey it felt natural.  usually that type of stuff freaks me out but it was like we were old friends catching up on things.

so if there is a beard bonanza near your, go and buy shit from him and his kick ass wife.

We'll be in Fort Wayne, IN (pretty close to Michigan)

I just texted 3 of my girlfriends about this trip.

madie-yocaseycasey-yocaseycasey’s hot wife MEETUP!!!!!!!!!!!

this.

also i have only met one other vcer IRL and i gotta say that when meeting casey it felt natural.  usually that type of stuff freaks me out but it was like we were old friends catching up on things.

so if there is a beard bonanza near your, go and buy shit from him and his kick ass wife.

This is all true. I think that it would be the same if I met most of you guys on here. When you think about it, we probably know more about each other than we know about our friends in real life. I mean, we all talk to each other just about everyday. 

So I've been a vegetarian for about 6 months, and I just spent the weekend at a bearding competition in Cleveland.

The one thing I noticed is that the guys with enormous beards had bacon as the staple of their diet, which makes sense considering hair is just fat covered protein, and bacon is just fat and protein.

Anyway, I found this online:

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/health/Hmmmm_Bacon_San_Diego.html

So I am going to experiment and see whether a high-bacon (read ALL-bacon) diet actually has an effect on facial hair growth as well as weight-loss. I imagine that the weight will fall off, as this is no different than an Atkins diet, but it will be interesting to see whether or not it plays an effect on the quickness of facial hair growth. 

90 days.

Today is day 3, and frankly, bacon all day is awesome (and my wife HATES it, because she is maintaining her vegetarian diet and the kitchen always smells wonderful).

Theres a bacon fest in san diego in August. Going to be awesome.

did you talk to anyone who doesn't put product in their hair // beard? au natural

Most of the competitors were in my category, which was full beard - natural. That means absolutely no product. However, there were plenty of styled categories as well. Pittsburgh was well represented in that category, with three members rocking ridiculous styled mustaches and sideburns.

my new favorite thing is putting conditioner in my beard before i go to bed and before work. leaves it all sorts of soft and smellin' good as fuck yall.

richmond, va at a place called 'on the rox' on mondays.  pretty good beers on tap too.

Dude, you have a HUGE event coming to your city at the end of this month. The Mid-Atlantic Beard and Mustache Competition. I'm pretty sure Andrew WK is a celebrity judge. People are flying in from all over the country for it. You should go!

http://www.beardleague.org/

seriously, THIS GUY. I just want to run my hands through it. good lord

20kq3i8.jpg

That is the lovely John Buckler. He had a number of appearances on season 2 of Whisker Wars, and when he does his beard up, it's insane:

John%20Buckler.JPG

We had the pleasure of sitting at his table the day after for a grilled cheese send-off. He gave Emmy his coleslaw. He is the tops when it comes to nice fellows and beards and nice fellows with beards.