TT Playing records slightly too fast

First off, I'm new around these parts and relatively new to vinyl in general.  So forgive me if this is a n00b question.

I have recently come up on an 80s belt drive Marantz turntable.  Its nothing fancy, probably a low end model for the 80s... but its an upgrade on the Crosley my wife got me as a gift a while back. 

Anyways, it was playing and sounding great, until I switched to 45RPMs to play a 7 inch (the speed switches with a simple button... no adjustment).  After that, all my records are playing slight higher RPM, both when played at 33 or 45RPM.

I've taken off the platter and inspected the belt and components for gunk and couldn't find any. 

Any advice? 

What they said.

That being said, running a teensy bit fast is not an issue. I believe it to be correct, actually. Belt drive tables will traditionally slow down ever so slightly when the needle is on the record due to friction.

Stylus drag exists, but in my opinion it's negligible ... even with mid-to-low level belt drive turntables.  If the OP's TT is running slightly fast with the tonearm raised, stylus drag isn't going to correct the speed issue.  Even if your deck is running perfectly at 33 1/3 rpms (again, with the tonearm is up), you'd never notice a slowdown while playing records.  Unless you were some sort of pitch freak with superhuman ears.

As others have said, play around with the adjustment screws and see where that takes you.

Stylus drag/weight/etc is compensated for when motors are designed. I did the test with no record, with record, while playing record, while playing record with record weight, etc... All 33.3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

First off, as a math teacher, I love the repeating .3 going off the forum's page.  Well done.

Secondly, regarding the original post: the TT is not running a 'teensy' bit fast.  Its noticeable, especially on songs I'm familiar with.  Last night I clocked a song on my TT at 3:45 and the linear notes time (as well as the iTunes time) is 3:59.  So, that's not OK.

I have searched the interwebz high and low and can't find a PDF of the manual.  And I'm not paying $15 for one on eBay. 

So, how do I find this adjustment screw(s) on my own?

And I don't know what 'BPC' means.

Thanks!

Here's an easy fix. Lock the tonearm in place. Remove rubber mat and place it on your table. Gently flip the whole TT over and look at the bottom of the table. Take a pic for us. There is possibly 2 holes; one that says 33 1/3 and one that says 45. Those are the set screw adjustments. Flip table back over, adjust as necessary.

• 8 months later...

I hope it's not a problem that I post in this thread instead of making a new one.

I recently noticed that my Technics SL-B 210 plays my records slightly too fast. 
For example "Breaker" by Anthony Green is 4:52 but my turntable finishes the song in 4:44.
I found the adjustment screw but it seems damaged. I rotated the screw a bit but no change. The bronze thing on top of the screw feels very loose too.
Is there still a chance to fix it? It wouldn't be too bad, since I only notice the speed change on records I regularly listen to on my phone.

Thanks in advance.

As said above there should be two adjustment screws, one for 33 and one for 45, are you adjusting the right one?

I followed the manual, so I guess I adjusted the right one. Anyway, just wanted to play a 45 RPM record and noticed that 45 RPM has just stopped working. I guess something really is loose inside now. I'll just open the turntable later and see what can be fixed.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the clue about the adjustment screw holes in the base. Mine has a slider to adjust speed, but could not get it accurate for 45 even at the end of the range. Even 33 was close to the end of the slider range.
HOWEVER:
On my ttbl, the holes were there and labeled for 45 (front) and 33 (just behind), but NO SCREWS ON THE OTHER SIDE!!!!
Took off the base and found the circuit board attached to the slider had the adjustment screws on the upper side of the board. Hint for anyone with the same confusion. Good luck!