Amazing vinyl finds

So, while biking to work yesterday morning there, in the middle of the street, was Mastodon - Crack the Skye. No shit. I had it on CD, but hadn't yet bought it on wax. The jacket and inner sleeve were a bit wavy from a cool night and dew, but the record looked reasonable. Unbelievable. Needless to say I rode the rest of the way to work with a record in one hand. 

A buddy of mine has a crazy record cleaning set up so I gave it to him to detail. I got it back this morning and it looks great. There are still what appears to be water spots on the vinyl, but it was in the street all night. I haven't put it on my turntable yet, but I will tonight and let you know how it sounds.

In the meantime, do you have any crazy or amazing vinyl finds or deals? Let me know.

After a good cleaning, I spun that Mastodon record I found in the street. It actually sounds pretty awesome for street trash, haha. There are a few indents from cinder/asphalt on the vinyl. Those spots have a little distortion, but nothing horrible. There is a bit of surface noise throughout, but, again, nothing too bad.

The very last track has two spots that skip. Otherwise it sounds pretty damn good. I'm pumped. 

The downside is that some poor bastard is missing his Crack The Skye record.

I bought 406 records from a lady off Craigslist today.  It was a make an offer add and I offered $75.  The collection is all 60's and 70's rock and blues.  Stacked w/ Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Grateful Dead, John Mayall, etc.  Some of the covers show some wear but all the vinyl looks mint.  Amazing collection that was her dads who recorded it all into digital and no longer wanted the albums.  Nobody in her family wanted it, the crazy part is her brother told her to just throw it away.  Unreal.  Glad it fell into my hands.  I'm beyond excited. 

I bought 406 records from a lady off Craigslist today.  It was a make an offer add and I offered $75.  The collection is all 60's and 70's rock and blues.  Stacked w/ Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Grateful Dead, John Mayall, etc.  Some of the covers show some wear but all the vinyl looks mint.  Amazing collection that was her dads who recorded it all into digital and no longer wanted the albums.  Nobody in her family wanted it, the crazy part is her brother told her to just throw it away.  Unreal.  Glad it fell into my hands.  I'm beyond excited. 

Which Floyd and Zeppelin titles did you score out of that?

Zeppelin II, III, and IV.  The covers are a bit worn but the vinyl is in fantastic shape.  I'll pass them along to a friend who doesn't have them.

Which Floyd and Zeppelin titles did you score out of that?

Pink Floyd - Animals, Dark Side Of The Moon (2 copies, 1 of which is a German pressing), Ummagumma, and Dark Side of The Moon (2 Copies).  The jackets on these are pretty nice and the vinyl is EX+.  I never got into Pink Floyd that much so I'll keep them and pass the duplicates on.

I think the best find in the lot are the 2 Mississippi John Hurt albums on Piedmont Recordings.