PO: City and Colour - The Hurry and The Harm

Talking with a friend of mine who got two orange when he was supposed to get one orange/one clear and the email he got from the store said:

"The first few limited copies sold were orange copies, and then the product was switched to clear when the orange ones sold out. That's probably when you ordered the clear. Then, some people let us know they accidentally ordered multiple copies, so they cancelled the duplicates. These duplicates went to the next people in line, as it were when we were shipping them out, so that's why you received two orange copies."

Does that even make sense? They're asking him to send it back to them and they'll cover the shipping/exchange costs.

Talking with a friend of mine who got two orange when he was supposed to get one orange/one clear and the email he got from the store said:

"The first few limited copies sold were orange copies, and then the product was switched to clear when the orange ones sold out. That's probably when you ordered the clear. Then, some people let us know they accidentally ordered multiple copies, so they cancelled the duplicates. These duplicates went to the next people in line, as it were when we were shipping them out, so that's why you received two orange copies."

Does that even make sense? They're asking him to send it back to them and they'll cover the shipping/exchange costs.

It makes sense how it happened, not that it should have happened.

It doesn't explain why he got two orange though, especially when he had two different orders, for two different colours. He asked them to combine orders to save on shipping, so his order would have said one of each colour.

I'm surprised they are asking him to send his other copy back. The store fucked up, they should let people keep what they got, send out the correct variant and have to eat the cost of everything. (I know that won't actually happen though) 

It doesn't explain why he got two orange though, especially when he had two different orders, for two different colours. He asked them to combine orders to save on shipping, so his order would have said one of each colour.

I'm surprised they are asking him to send his other copy back. The store fucked up, they should let people keep what they got, send out the correct variant and have to eat the cost of everything. (I know that won't actually happen though) 

They made the assumption that everyone that ordered would rather receive the first colour and edited the first whatever number of clear orders to orange instead of putting up the extra orange on the webstore (which WOULD have pissed off those that missed out on orange and actually wanted it)

They made the assumption that everyone that ordered would rather receive the first colour and edited the first whatever number of clear orders to orange instead of putting up the extra orange on the webstore (which WOULD have pissed off those that missed out on orange and actually wanted it)

Okay, thank you, THAT I understand.

I emailed back and forth with them when I made both my orders and was sure to specify that I wanted one orange and one clear. They said to me "We just wanted to follow up with you regarding your order.  We'll make sure you receive both coloured vinyl-s" so I'm really interested in seeing if I get one of each or two of the same colour. Sadly, mine won't arrive until Monday.

Okay, thank you, THAT I understand.

I emailed back and forth with them when I made both my orders and was sure to specify that I wanted one orange and one clear. They said to me "We just wanted to follow up with you regarding your order.  We'll make sure you receive both coloured vinyl-s" so I'm really interested in seeing if I get one of each or two of the same colour. Sadly, mine won't arrive until Monday.

Hopefully they have you sorted then!

Got my response from mamstore, apparently they had just 30 orange copies for the UK and I was number 32, even though my order clearly stating orange when I placed it. :(

If anyone's received a spare in error, I'd really appreciate it.

sorry to hear that Andy..

I had more luck.. I got the orange copy!

• 2 weeks later...