RSD 2013: Tell your stories and share what you bought here!

Don't leave us in suspense, what did he buy??

he bought a ton of stuff, he dropped like 500 bucks so I may not remember everything he bought but I do recall seeing Bowie The Stars Are Out Tonight, the Eno/Grizzly Bear/Jaar release, Built To Spill, Dylan 7", Husker Du, Pulp, The Roots, one of the DVDs (can't remember the title). 

he was also very nice 

I managed to get:

T/T/T

NFG - Mania

Rockabye Baby

JEW - Damaged 7"

And then the non-RSD stuff:

Postal Service Loser Edition

Banne Pilot - Heart Beats Pacific

Lawerence Arms - Oh! Calcutta! (used)

Modest Mouse - King Rat 7" (used)

Modest Mouse - Float On 7" (used)

Say Anything - Hate Everyone 7'" (used)

The Mynah Birds - It's My Time/Go On and Cry 7"

So i'm going to rant a bit now about my experience today.

I'm originally from NE PA and I've always shopped at a small independent chain of stores called Gallery of Sound. On past RSD's the line has never been more than 15-20 people long. They also always do preorders if you put money down. Living in Philly now, I didn't want to fight the crowds, so I put in a preorder there, where they promised to put in "an order" for my items. So I drive up last night and stay with relatives and get to the store 3 hours early, and am the third person in line (the line ended up being about 75 people long). I go to get my preorder items and they tell me they didn't get half of them. (Drive, TTT, and Prize Fighter Inferno). So now I'm pissed as my #1 item was TTT. So I frantically call a bunch of stores in Philly and thank God Main Street Music says they have 2 copies of TTT and can hold one for me. So my girlfriend and I rush down back home to Main Street and luckily the amazing people there have one for me. 

Rant done. Still a bit pissed about Drive and PFI but I can't complain too much.

Went to the Music Coop in Ashland Oregon about 10am and picked up the following

The Roots - Things fall Apart

Notorious BIG - Ready to Die

Justin Townes Earle - Yuma

Blitzen Trapper - S/T

Taj Mahal - The Natch's Blues

The Last Waltz

Van Dyke Parks - Song Cycle

Willie Nelson - Crazy (Demos)

The Cure - Kiss me, Kiss me, Kiss me

I picked up mainly all non RSD stuff since my store didn't get much I wanted. Grabbed BTBAM Anatomy of online and picked up Coheed and Cambria Beige Demos. As far as non RSD stuff I picked up Daft Punk Discovery, Saosin self titled, Dave Matthews Band away from the world, Coheed and Cambria The Afterman Descension(turquoise edition) and BTBAM Parralax II 

So i'm going to rant a bit now about my experience today.

I'm originally from NE PA and I've always shopped at a small independent chain of stores called Gallery of Sound. On past RSD's the line has never been more than 15-20 people long. They also always do preorders if you put money down. Living in Philly now, I didn't want to fight the crowds, so I put in a preorder there, where they promised to put in "an order" for my items. So I drive up last night and stay with relatives and get to the store 3 hours early, and am the third person in line (the line ended up being about 75 people long). I go to get my preorder items and they tell me they didn't get half of them. (Drive, TTT, and Prize Fighter Inferno). So now I'm pissed as my #1 item was TTT. So I frantically call a bunch of stores in Philly and thank God Main Street Music says they have 2 copies of TTT and can hold one for me. So my girlfriend and I rush down back home to Main Street and luckily the amazing people there have one for me. 

Rant done. Still a bit pissed about Drive and PFI but I can't complain too much.

Stores aren't even supposed to do pre-orders for RSD and stores aren't guaranteed stock on any particular items. They probably tried to order your shit but just couldn't get it. It's just how it works.

photo-1.jpg

I had to take Cash, my 4 year old son, as my wife took our daughter to dance lessons.  We got to my town's only indie record store right at open.  There were probably 30 people in line.  The store had one section with all their RSD releases and it was a crazy mob of people looking through it.  No one was rude or anything, but it was a free-for-all and being as I had a 4 year old in tow, I pretty much had to wait until the mob had picked through the entire selection.

I couldn't get my NUMBER ONE priority which was At the Drive-In.  I'm not even sure if my store had a copy or not.  If there is any caring soul out there who would like to hook me up (ebay is already INSANE prices for this), I would love you for ever.  This is probably one of my favorite records of all time and I would love to have it on vinyl.

I did manage to get the White Stripes and the Deftones albums, which is cool.  Also, got a free cup of coffee.  There were a bunch of free shirts, but I didn't really want any and thought someone else might like them.