RSD 2013: Tell your stories and share what you bought here!

Yeah I went to Fingerprints today and heard that guy run his mouth all day. He's a little fucking bitch who doesn't seem to get anything in life so all he does is whine whine whine. I hope he didn't get anything he wanted for RSD. He doesn't deserve anything in life with that attitude he displayed earlier this morning. In other words... here's my haul if anyone cares!!!!!111

LTtBVTz.jpg

Yeah I went to Fingerprints today and heard that guy run his mouth all day. He's a little fucking bitch who doesn't seem to get anything in life so all he does is whine whine whine. I hope he didn't get anything he wanted for RSD. He doesn't deserve anything in life with that attitude he displayed earlier this morning. In other words... here's my haul if anyone cares!!!!!111

LTtBVTz.jpg

Hey whats the RSD thing in the middle? i saw some when i was leaving but didn't bother asking. 

Being in Australia, was lucky to get Botch (only one in the store) and Cave In (3-4 in the store), both being the coloured variants.

Also got Deftones, No Alternative (day after from a record fair), and JEW 7" and White Stripes on the way in the mail via a UK connection, though White Stripes ended up being available here anyway.  Missed out on Soundgarden, I'm thinking the EU pressings weren't ready in time as no one had it and haven't seen any black vinyl pics online yet.

Got to Atomic Pop Shop about 30 minutes before opening and was 26th in line. Picked up Luther and Whirr since that's all they had that I wanted and I didn't feel like paying 35 for Cure or Dazed or 45 for Mad Season. Luther was 10.78 and Whirr was 12.58. :(

I told you her prices were fucking absurd. Shoulda driven the extra hour to Euclid.

Hey whats the RSD thing in the middle? i saw some when i was leaving but didn't bother asking. 

I got that middle record for free with purchase from Eide's in Pittsburgh. It appears to be a promo record that was distributed by INgrooves. Our's (not sure if all are the same) was sponsored by Beck's beer, which they had girls handing out bottle of at the store for you to drink while browsing and hanging out. It has Killing Joke, Senses Fail, Early Graves, Amaranthe, Stars In Stereo, Encrust, Major League, Kate Nash, Turbogeist and Brook Waggoner on it.

They usually release a compilation every year. They ran out of some last year so when I saw it outside on the table I had to grab it. It's a nice centerpiece to my haul. They're free!

I saw it on the table after leaving the jimmy eat world performance but just didn't grab it, oh well. Any good songs on it?

Went to Reckless Records on Milwaukee. Waiting from 10am to 12pm and they hand nothing left I wanted. Went over to Record Breakers and they had "Relationship of Command" but they wanted $45 for it and that seemed steep. Went over to Reckless on Madison and once again struck out.  :mellow:

Got to Reckless Milwaukee at 5:30 and was the tenth person in line. DreamOver, bgdesign, MikeyTags, Kriss, Mellie and I all hung out until they opened at 10. We brought donuts, fruit, coffee, shared with the people around us, and it was a blast. Ended up getting all of my wants except the Star Trek Death Waltz 7": South Park, Toadies, Owen, T/T/T, Elliott, ATDI, Sigur Ros, and Olafur Arnalds. In various numbers, we then proceeded on a merry jaunt to the Numero Pop-Up store ($15 Husker Du?!), back to Reckless Milwaukee for a bit of T/T/T's live set, Groovin High, Reckless Broadway for a bit of Mike Kinsella, Dave's Records, Reckless Loop, and Record Breakers. Along the way, I was able to pick up ten records for other folks on here. I made a last run back to Reckless Broadway to try and pick up something for Juan, but they didn't actually have it in stock. However, while there, I picked up the first Labradford 7".

It seems that everywhere in the city had people lined up way early. First guy at Milwaukee was there at 4:30, first at Broadway was 3:30, people were lined up at Groovin High at 4 something. Really weird. I have a bad feeling that each year it's going to get worse and worse. But yeah, you should definitely get together with other boardies from your city. It's a great way to pass the time.

I got that middle record for free with purchase from Eide's in Pittsburgh. It appears to be a promo record that was distributed by INgrooves. Our's (not sure if all are the same) was sponsored by Beck's beer, which they had girls handing out bottle of at the store for you to drink while browsing and hanging out. It has Killing Joke, Senses Fail, Early Graves, Amaranthe, Stars In Stereo, Encrust, Major League, Kate Nash, Turbogeist and Brook Waggoner on it.

I didn't know it was sponsored by Becks. No wonder I saw all the guys drinking Becks beer. The girl working the table was a babe.....

Also Fingerprints was the site of the biggest whiner on RSD. Guy is 2nd in line at Fingerprints. Finds out that the only DMB box set is being silent auctioned off for charity by the store instead of being sold. Proceeds to argue with owner on it being unfair. WAH WAH. Starts questioning the charity and why the silent auction is not being advertised on facebook. Starts coming up with schemes like "Everything I buy here at the store I will put up on ebay with the tag 'fingerprints.' I should even change my ebay handle to 'fingerprints music.'" He proceeds to say dumb stuff like "Maybe I should tell the owner that I will spend $100 at his store and then anything I get with the $100 he can just auction off and I can get the DMB set instead."

I know the guy posts here, so here's my message to him: Stop being a whining baby. You're a grown man. Fingerprints doesn't owe you anything. Ultimately, waiting in line for an item is a gamble at the end of the day. It's really sad to see grown men bitch like a 2 yr old over some lame records. "HEY GIVE ME THE DMB BOX SET! I'm THEIR BIGGEST FAN. I'VE BEEN TO 77 SHOWS!"

LOL. What a bitchmade little shithead. I would have had some words for that lame ass. Kinda curious as to which member it is.

Update to this story about annoying guy at fingerprints:

So I'm looking at the record store's instagram and this annoying guy is commenting on every single fingerprints photo. 

Basically what happened is:

1. Guy waits since 10pm day before for DMB box set.

2. Guy finds out owner is auctioning box set for charity (silent auction style).

3. Guy is pissed off. Proceeds to yell at owner and accuse him of many things.

4. Guy ends up place a bid roughly ~$200.

5. Guy ends up winning the auction.

6. Guy is denied the item as his winning bid is not accepted and is told by manager (owner?) to fuck off.

Good job Fingerprints. You did good. You did good.

this is amazing.

Didn't bother standing in line or anything, I prefer to show up later. Went to Silver Platters first and bought the Katatonia 7" for myself and the Ringo Starr 7" box for my Dad. Went to Sonic Boom next and bought the Soundgarden 10" and decided against paying 29.99 for No Alternative. Mad Season was what I wanted most but that was long gone (thankfully someone on DF helped me out). Now I'm on the lookout for Blind Melon.