RSD 2013: Tell your stories and share what you bought here!

I worked yesterday AM but swung by a popular/local shop around 2pm. Though packed I got the last copies Death Waltz 12" Single to "Yellow" and the King Dude/Chelsea Wolfe 7". I know, not thrilling and rare, but they were some main wants of mine and it's always fun to get the last copies.

I also had some help overseas and got the Death Waltz 7" releases for cost. The only thing I didn't score that I'd want, and knew I wouldn't, was the Poltergeist OST. Good day for me! 

I managed to get Bayside thanks to a fellow board member, and had to go to the bay for Straylight Run. Hopefully my order of the MO split will come through from VV. Will happily wait for T/T/T from polyvinyl. Not much I wanted, but got the few that I did without spending an arm and a leg. I hate that RSD is on a big work weekend every year. I'd love to make it down to the LA area for RSD someday.

I know it's RSD and everything is highly marked up, but did anyone else think that The Lonely Island YOLO 7 inch was really high?

I saw it at a few of my local shops for $13. 

Once again I get that it is RSD and The Lonely Island might attract a bigger audience, but that was the priciest 7 inch I saw by far this year and even compared to last year too.

My RSDs haul in Ireland yesterday...

-Jesus and the Mary Chain - Psychocandy (Ltd 1000)
-The Beta Band - CHampion Versions EP (Ltd 750)
-Chvrches - Recovery EP (Ltd 500)
-Elliott Smith - Either/Or Alterntates 7'
-Everything Everything - signed Duet 7'
-Kate Nash - Free my pussy 7' (Ltd 1000)

Looking to swap Psychocandy for the Organ - Grab that Gun if anyone's interested!

I know it's RSD and everything is highly marked up, but did anyone else think that The Lonely Island YOLO 7 inch was really high?

I saw it at a few of my local shops for $13. 

Once again I get that it is RSD and The Lonely Island might attract a bigger audience, but that was the priciest 7 inch I saw by far this year and even compared to last year too.

Why is it ok to justify higher prices on RSD. I saw people yesterday on here who complain about paying $6 for a 7" from no sleep or RFC and spend $10-$12 on one because it was RSD. Weird to me.

I waited outside of Mr. Cheapos in Mineola, NY - got there around 8, and they'd posted on FB that they'd be opening a little before 10. No line, but a few of us were parked on the street in front of the place. 10 minutes later, some guy walked up and happily planted himself on line, so now we were all 'damn, now I have to get outta my car.' But it was a friendly atmosphere - people talking about Tarantino movies, etc. One guy had been there since 7AM, because he wanted (of course) Phish and the Page McConnell records. I wound up maybe 6th on line. Talk about terrible mark-ups: I got robbed on the Bowie "Drive-In Sat" pic disc - they priced it at $25; drove a half-hour to Looney Tunes out in Babylon, and they were swimming in them -- dozens, and they were $12. That Yolo was $12 around here and I agree that was way too high as well. But for myself, I managed to get:

Yolo - $12

Sly Stone 10" -$16

Bowie pic disc - $25

Marshall Crenshaw 10" (which is excellent) - $10

McCartney 12" - $5

Rolling Stones EP - $11

Still looking for

Yep Rock YR15 set (reaaaaaly want this one)

Los Straitjackets' Red Sox 7"

Lloyd Cole 12"

Duran Duran 7" (europe and canada only)

Simple Minds 12" (europe and canada only)

I ended up getting

Their / They're / There - S/T - $18

Whirr - Part Time Punks Sessions - $9

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory - $31 (Worth every penny)

and later that night, went to a show and picked up

Enabler - Shift Of Redemption - $5

Enabler - War Begins With You - $4

Weekend Nachos - Watch You Suffer - $5

I was sick for a few days and missed work last week so my paycheck was small. I ended up spending the whole thing in about 12 hours, and I don't regret it one bit.

...had a pretty rad RSD.  showed up an hour before the store opened with a friend.  ran into more friends.  ended up being about tenth in line.  smoked and chatted about records.  shop owners came out and gave us swag bags and coffee(it was cold).  became a mess pretty quickly once the doors opened up, but i managed to get almost everything i wanted.

- Misfits/Lemonheads 7"

- Soundgarden 10"

- Placebo 10"

- White Stripes : Elephant

- Coheed : Demos

- Davenport Cabinet LP

- Deftones Live LP

- BTBAM Box Set

- BTBAM : Anatomy Of LP

- Botch LP

- Cave In LP

- Poltergeist s/t LP

...the main record i wanted wasn't there, so if anyone can track down a copy of the Steve Moore "Horror Business" LP i would be very greatful.  otherwise, a great day!

Arrived an hour late....snagged tame impala EP.........big mama Thornton jail........Titus andronicus rsd. For 7" I got

Hanni El khatib.....replacements more songs for slim.......hold steady.......bl keys/stooges.

I knew elephant would bee gone since peps were lining up @ 3am. So I got one off amazon the nite before for 18. Unsure of pressing info. I've been lucky in that past with surprise colors. Here's hoping.

Felt lucky to get that Hanni I El khatib. My store ordered 12 and received one. Made the day.

What were you looking for? Online sales are still going on at a few places...

http://modern-vinyl.com/no-record-stores-around-2/

Just a few of the ones that everyone wanted NFG, the South Park 45 and the at the drive in Lp not having the day off I knew I was gonna be screwed. And yeah checked all those pages, nothing haha

Here is what I got at 3 stores in the northwest suburbs of Chicago.

At Rediscover Records in Elgin:

Rob Zombie 10"

Dio - Magica (pic disc)

Black Lips/Icky Blossoms - Cowboy Nights

Mumford & Sons - Babel (not RSD but the wife wanted it)

At Algonquin Records in Des Plaines:

Dio/Killswitch Engage - Holy Diver split 7"

Soundgarden - King Animal Demos

Dazed and Confused Soundtrack

At Rainbow Records in Barrington:

Between the Buried and Me - The Anatomy of...

Overall very happy with my gets.  Just two things I did not get.  Mystery split 7" and Mumford & Sons Live at Bull Moose

I picked up the Mystery 7" on 1-2-3-4 Go Records last night.  Then was offered Mumford by weinerdog.  So I have got my list completed.  One release I was curious about that I never saw anywhere was Eric Church.  Did anyone see the his Caught in the Act release anywhere?  If so how much was it going for?

had zero desire to get any RSD releases and Im not a big fan of lines but i did pick all these up the day before.

7150DB9E-6521-4003-8EE6-9E22ABA00D1D-563

No time to kill comp has - kid dynamite, cigar, good riddance, afi, kill your idols.

SOA - Demo 7"

Social Distortion - mainliner LP

Church Whip LP

weston / plow united 7"

no idea comp 7"